posted on 7:43 AM, January 6, 2020
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- Introduction to Modern Atmospheric Effects, 6th edition, published.
- Eight ESTA standards available for public review.
- Student event: a simulation exercise in standardization.
- New Jersey building permits for stage scenery.
- WTO Technical Barriers to Trade: everything imported into Kenya; a Kenyan standard for standards; power supplies, audio amplifiers, video recorders and tuners, video projectors, broadcast receivers, and oodles of similar devices in Taiwan.
- Proposed revision to ANSI Essential Requirements available for comment.
- ANSI public reviews: golf carts and personal transport vehicles; autonomous products safety; track lighting system safety.
- Notice of Withdrawn ANS by an ANSI-Accredited Standards Developer.
- CSA public reviews: Canadian adoption of IEC risk management; ISO quality management; and IEC industrial automation security standards.
- Final actions on American National Standards: wooden architectural casework; structural welding code; XR accessories; pallets; and nickel cells and batteries.
- Draft IEC & ISO documents: IoT standards; industrial automation; rotating electrical machines; and speed control EMC.
- Recently published IEC & ISO documents: civil engineering sustainability; key indicators for museums; sustainable cities; and human-system ergonomics presenting auditory information.
- TSP January 2020 meeting schedule.
- TSP donors who have made long-term, multi-year pledges.
- Investors in Innovation, with a new supporter of ESTA's Technical Standards Program. Thank you!
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.