What's New > ESTA Standards Watch - December 26, 2019
January 6, 2020
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- Introduction to Modern Atmospheric Effects, 6th edition, published.
- Eight ESTA standards available for public review.
- Student event: a simulation exercise in standardization.
- New Jersey building permits for stage scenery.
- WTO Technical Barriers to Trade: everything imported into Kenya; a Kenyan standard for standards; power supplies, audio amplifiers, video recorders and tuners, video projectors, broadcast receivers, and oodles of similar devices in Taiwan.
- Proposed revision to ANSI Essential Requirements available for comment.
- ANSI public reviews: golf carts and personal transport vehicles; autonomous products safety; track lighting system safety.
- Notice of Withdrawn ANS by an ANSI-Accredited Standards Developer.
- CSA public reviews: Canadian adoption of IEC risk management; ISO quality management; and IEC industrial automation security standards.
- Final actions on American National Standards: wooden architectural casework; structural welding code; XR accessories; pallets; and nickel cells and batteries.
- Draft IEC & ISO documents: IoT standards; industrial automation; rotating electrical machines; and speed control EMC.
- Recently published IEC & ISO documents: civil engineering sustainability; key indicators for museums; sustainable cities; and human-system ergonomics presenting auditory information.
- TSP January 2020 meeting schedule.
- TSP donors who have made long-term, multi-year pledges.
- Investors in Innovation, with a new supporter of ESTA's Technical Standards Program. Thank you!
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.
GO TO ALL NEWS →
GO TO RECENT FORUM POSTINGS →
GO TO RESOURCE HUB →