August 25, 2020
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- Five draft TSP standards in public review.
- ANSI seeks comments on IWA guidelines for social distancing.
- WTO Technical Barrier to Trade notification: multiple showerhead flow limits in the USA.
- ANSI public reviews: permanent wooden foundation design; safe use of lasers; lawful phone taps on VoIP; ICC standards for pre-fab buildings; AI machinery safety; and single-pole, locking connectors.
- New ANS projects: requirements for remote emergency communication centers; shocking humans and animals; performer flying systems; structured cabling for intelligent buildings; good workmanship; and electrical symbols on drawings.
- New American National Standards: five addenda for ASRHAE/ICC/USGBC/IES Standard 189.1-2017 and three for ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1-2019; solid-state dimming controls; drawing sheet sizes; and E1.6-2, Design, Inspection, and Maintenance of Electric Chain Hoists for the Entertainment Industry.
- Draft IEC & ISO docs: LED source characteristics; smart community infrastructures; fire safety engineering, in-vehicle Ethernet; and four amendments for home and building electronic systems and building automation and control systems.
- Recently published IEC & ISO docs: residential EMC; BIM; smart city engineering framework; resilient buildings and civil engineering; and guidance for safety signing systems.
- TSP meeting schedule.
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program.
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.