This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Management
Reporting to the Director of Production, this position works closely with Directors, Designers, and Stage Management and directly supervises all members of the production department. In fulfilling this position’s core responsibilities, Globe Theatre expects the Technical Director to:
• In consultation with the Director of Production, develop and maintain crew schedules for all production departments
• Approve all production department personnel timesheets
• Manage throughput of all production shops and make recommendations for improvements in efficiency and productivity
• Staff and supervise all main stage set installations/strikes, lighting hangs and focuses, and other casual crew calls as required by the production schedule
• Be present during all technical rehearsals
• Assist in the feasibility analysis undertaken for all designs presented for main stage and second stage productions
• Oversee and implement all technical requirements and special effects for all productions
• Adhere to all production schedules, budgets, and deadlines as set by the Director of Production
• Attend all staff and production meetings
• Be well versed in the use of collective agreements
• Adhere to Globe Theatre’s Personnel Policy
The individual in this position shall possess exceptional interpersonal, communication, project management, supervisory, and technical skills; they should be well versed in set and property construction techniques, theatrical lighting and sound systems, safe rigging practices, and special effects work. The Technical Director must ensure a high caliber of workmanship in all production elements appearing on stage, champion a safe and responsible work environment, be able to drive towards deadlines while observing budget constraints and demonstrate sensitivity towards staff and artists.
Globe Theatre offers a competitive salary and benefits package including employer contributed RRSP.
The start date for this full-time position is July 15, 2019. (Ideally the successful candidate would be available for some cross training in May)
Sean Free, Interim Production Manager
Globe Theatre is Saskatchewan’s largest performing arts organization with an annual operating budget of $4.5 million. Located in the historic Prince Edward Building in downtown Regina, Globe Theatre is Canada’s only permanent theatre-in-the-round. The theatre presents a six to seven main stage series as well as a three to five play second stage series that showcases new work and emerging artists. Globe Theatre School offers multi-disciplinary theatre classes for children, teens and adults, a professional actor training program and apprenticeships. Globe encourages a team-oriented environment where the efforts of all employees are focused on supporting the art.