This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
• Coordinate all technical elements for six shows and all corporate, donor and special events for ATP throughout the year
• Perform all costing, ordering of materials, and crew scheduling
• Report to the Production Manager
• Attend all production meetings, technical rehearsals, note sessions, and staff meetings as scheduled
• Attend the joint occupational health and safety committee as one of the production staff members
• Maintain the technical and artistic integrity of all ATP productions
• Oversee the set-up and strike of all technical elements for all ATP productions
• Coordinate the shared shop spaces and its equipment
• Other duties as required
• A well rounded background in technical theatre with notable leadership practice
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
• Strategic, action orientated and thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
• Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office and Vectorworks an asset
• The ability to interpret technical drawings
This is an annual renewable 10 month contract position.
Alberta Theatre Projects works under a collective agreement with I.A.T.S.E., Local 212
Start Date: Monday, September 21, 2015 (or earlier if available)
At Alberta Theatre Projects we are committed to a diverse workforce and a respectful work environment. We are focused on attracting and retaining the best talent by encouraging applications from all qualified individuals and backgrounds.
Please email your resume and cover letter by August 31, 2015 to David Fraser, Production Manager at
Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Alberta Theatre Projects Mission: We create community by producing relevant, high quality contemporary theatre; by playing a national leadership role in the development and creation of new Canadian plays; and by bringing audience and artists together in an exchange around the work.