This is a Permanent, Part-time position.Category: Technical
The Technical Assistant will report to Production Manager and be supervised by the Technical Leads. The Technical Assistant is responsible for the preparation and execution of A/V tech in Studio Bell. They will also act as relief for when the Technical Leads are away from the office.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting the Technical Leads in assessing the audio, video, and lighting needs for an event and ensuring they are met.
• Setting up, striking and operating audio, video, and lighting for a roster of events at Studio Bell.
• Working with NMC staff, volunteers and third-party suppliers to successfully prepare, execute and conclude events at Studio Bell.
• Performing regular maintenance of audio, video, and lighting equipment.
• Adhering to NMC policies and attend training and evaluation meetings.
• Ensuring the security and safety of Studio Bell and the NMC Collection.
• Providing good stewardship of Studio Bell equipment with a focus on Studio Bell audio, video, lighting, IT and Collections resources.
• Ensuring the comfort and safety of visitors, staff and volunteers of NMC.
• Advocating on behalf of NMC, communicating our mission and vision and being up-to-date on key messages and dress code requirements.
• Completing other duties as assigned.
• Mastery of live audio, video, and lighting production and the corresponding needs of musicians, artists and commercial clients.
• Work well independently with minimal supervision.
• Provide exceptional customer service, inter-personal and problem-solving skills.
• Be a strong team player with exemplary leadership skills and positive attitude.
• Have strong organizational and logistical skills with attention to detail and accuracy; able to multitask and manage time wisely.
• Be a personable worker with the ability to work with an ever-changing roster of staff, volunteers, clients, guests and contractors.
• Be a motivated self-learner who keeps up to date with emerging technologies, equipment and procedures.
• Be enthusiastic and self-motivated, able to work well independently and be quick to take initiative as well as follow instruction.
• Have strong communication skills and be able to think quickly on their feet.
• Understand that being receptive to our clients, both internal and external, and their needs is paramount.
• Be passionate about music, and enjoy engaging people.
• Be willing and able to work to a flexible part time schedule.
• Have the ability to lift up to 30 kilos.
• Exhibit patience and thoroughness when teaching other NMC staff/volunteers.
• Be quick to learn, adapt and implement new technologies.
• Production Manager
• Technical Leads
• Programming Team
• Events Team
• Event Coordinators and Event Hosts
• Collections Team
• Digital Content Coordinator
• All NMC staff and volunteers
This is an ongoing Job Posting.
Salary: $17.00-$25.00 Commensurate with Experience
Qualified applicants should send their resume to Juan Hurtado, Production Manager, at . No phone calls please.
More than a museum, the National Music Centre (NMC) is a national catalyst for discovery, innovation and renewal through music. In our new home at Studio Bell, NMC preserves and celebrates Canada’s music story, while inspiring a new generation of music lovers through programming that includes live performances, education programs, artist incubation, and exhibitions.