This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Management
Reporting to the Site Operations Director, the Site Manager is responsible for insuring the integrity of the site, its installations and equipment. He will supervise the site operations, plumbing and maintenance crews. The Site Manager may be required to work varying schedules including nights and weekends to reflect the operational needs of the company.
• In collaboration with the Site Operations Director, plan and implement the site layout;
• In collaboration with the Site Operations Director, plan and implement the set-up/tear-down and transportation schedules;
• In cooperation with the heads of department, insure that work and storage areas are clean and safe and that any unused equipment is packed away;
• Respond to the logistic needs of all other departments;
• Develop and implement maintenance schedules for site machinery, equipment and installations;
• Ensure that all employees respect the quality level and the integrity of the site equipment, machinery and installations at all times;
• Receive deliveries and service providers, dispatch them to the appropriate area;
• Supervise permanent and temporary staff;
• Prepare and follow up on the department budget;
• Perform any other task that may be required to achieve the overall efficiency of operations.
• Three to five years of experience in event management or as a construction manager;
• Technical knowledge in mobile structures and heavy machinery;
• General knowledge of plumbing, electricity and air conditioning systems;
• Basic knowledge of public safety codes;
• Ability to read technical plans;
• Experience in managing employees and budgets;
• Prioritization and organizational skills;
• Team player;
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word;
• Touring experience is an asset;
• Knowledge of Autocad is an asset;
• Technical specialization certificate is an asset;
• Interested in touring full-time with the show and authorized to travel and work in foreign countries.
Salary: To be discussed.
Candidates should apply to:
Ref.: Site Manager
Fax : (514) 879-9003
Cavalia is an entertainment company that specializes in the creation, production and touring of innovative shows. The company, founded by Normand Latourelle, has an expertise in the equestrian and performing arts, and is known for making the most of cutting-edge technology, multimedia and special effects, which allows for the creation of magical, unique,
never-before-seen theatrical experiences. The company employs 300 permanent employees, more than 100 artists and performers, and is home to 130 horses representing some 15 different breeds.