This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Reporting to the Head Technician/Technical Director, and Production Manager, the Production Assistant will work closely with the Production Manager and Head Technician on theatre space development, technical support, theatre maintenance and assist with the development, and execution theatre production needs.
- Assisting with ongoing maintenance of the theatre and Anne MacDonald Studio
- Assisting clients, professional and community performing arts groups, and other PHT staff to provide technical services including, but not limited to: load in, strikes, lighting hang and restore, theatre maintenance, stage painting, etc.
- Assist with the pre-production needs of PHT productions, including
- Maintain good working knowledge of all relevant health and safety legislation and good working practice
- Other related duties as assigned
- Experience in stage management or technical theatre an asset
- Proficiency in lighting and sound systems and general stage/scenic carpentry
- Excellent communication skills and detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Ability to take initiative and thrive in a busy environment
- First aid level one is an asset
- Driver’s license is an asset
- Comfortable with manual labour
This position is funded by the Canada Summer Works program, which requires candidates to:
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have refugee status in Canada
- Be between 19-30 years of age at the start of employment
- Be a full-time student who is returning to full-time studies in the fall
- Be willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment
- Not have another full-time job
- Not be attending full-time classes while carrying out this job
The position is 30 hours/week from June 04 to August 24, 2018 (12 weeks). Evening and weekend flexibility may be required. The position is funded through Canada Summer Jobs.
Send a cover letter and resume to with the subject line PA Summer Works Submission by May 14, 2018.
Presentation House Theatre produces and presents theatre for families, children and adults. A typical season also includes a small series of professional music and dance, and hosts several local arts groups and companies. Programming includes culturally diverse artists, relevant to the people who inhabit the North Shore.