This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Management
Western Canada Theatre is seeking a dynamic individual to assume the position of Producer to work closely with the Artistic Director and Executive Director, providing administrative and production support to develop and produce a broad range of programming for two home venues; tour regionally, nationally and internationally; and co-produce with national partners. This is a full-time, senior management position.
• Works with the AD and ED in season planning and scheduling, including establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with co-producers, presenters and the local, provincial and national theatre community, including national associations such as PACT and CAEA
• Works with the AD, ED, and PM in developing and managing season production schedules and budgets
• Works with the Management Team to develop, communicate and monitor safety protocol, including creating training opportunities, and assessing the need for and creating extraordinary risk riders
• Liaison between production, administration and visiting artists, including co-production partners
• Assists AD with the selection of creative personnel, including arranging auditions and interviews, etc.
• Assists AD with facilitation of second stage and ancillary programming, including play and audience development initiatives
• Contracts artists and creative teams on CTA and associated agreements
• Collaborates with the PM and TD on the supervision and effective management of the production department, including budget tracking
• Provides company management, including artist liaison, payroll, travel and accommodation arrangements and hospitality
• Tour planning, coordination and management, including regional, national and potential international opportunities
Western Canada Theatre is committed to diversity in the workplace.
The successful candidate will have five years demonstrated experience in professional theatre or a related field. Ideally, they will have extensive knowledge of the Canadian Theatre Agreement, Canadian theatre repertoire and arts community; budget management; contracts and negotiation; and experience in touring and co-productions. They will possess excellent leadership, communication (written and oral), interpersonal and organizational skills, and be able to manage multiple priorities on finite timelines. Experience with Excel, Word and purchase order systems is preferred. A desire to collaborate with an outstanding team in a positive working environment is essential. Experience producing and working with the Indigenous community; developing and producing new work; and directing experience is an asset.
Kamloops is 3 ½ hours from Vancouver in the Thompson Valley. Sun Peaks Ski Resort is 45 minutes from the theatre. We have world class mountain bike trails, hundreds of fishing lakes, and average house prices a third of Vancouver and Toronto.
Kamloops is also home to Thompson Rivers University, the Kamloops Symphony and Kamloops Art Gallery.
For more about Kamloops www.tourismkamloops.com
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience.
Application Deadline: 5 PM (PST) October 2, 2017. Apply in writing with a cover letter and resume to:
James MacDonald, Artistic Director
Western Canada Theatre
Electronic submissions only. Email:
Western Canada Theatre is a fully professional theatre based in Kamloops BC. We present 6 shows in a season with the majority produced in-house. We also present or produce a young people's show each year. For more info http://www.wctlive.ca