This is a Seasonal, Full-time position.Category: Production
Province: Regina, Saskatchewan
Position: Head of Lighting
Deadline: December 26, 2019
Posted: December 12, 2019
Job Description / Duties
Globe Theatre encourages a team-oriented environment. All personnel are required to participate in a wide range of activities. Core responsibilities for this position include but may not be limited to the following:
1. Representing the Globe Theatre while working with Artists to realize the designs in conjunction with the production team;
2. Work with the Director of Production, Technical Director to develop, build schedules, and installation plans for all productions;
3. Work with the production team to ensure that all lighting needs for productions are met while adhering to time, staffing, and budget requirements;
4. Operate lights for technical rehearsals, productions and any rentals or special event produced and/or presented by Globe Theatre as required;
5. Oversee the maintenance and repair of lighting elements for productions during performance runs;
6. Hire, lead, supervise and work with casual labor on all lighting hang, focus, cueing, setups and strikes;
7. Attend the run for lights, technical and dress rehearsals, and previews, for main stage productions as required;
8. Provide technical support to the Main Stage, Second Stage and all Globe productions as required;
9. In conjunction with the Technical Director, research and provide recommendations and costing for any equipment upgrades or production specific purchases;
10. Source, acquire and maintain all lighting equipment and materials;
11. Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings and production meetings as outlined in the production calendar;
12. Using the budget tracking, petty cash, credit card, and purchase order systems; track, code, and submit invoices, receipts, petty cash, and Visa reconciliations for all scenic-related purchases in a timely manner;
13. Develop and maintain the casual labor pool for Globe Theatre in conjunction with the production department;
14. Other duties as may be assigned by the Technical Director/ Director of Production.
Qualifications / Required Skills
The Head of Lighting is responsible for implementing technical elements and operating lighting for all productions and special events produced by the Globe Theatre at home, in alternate venues and on tour. The successful candidate will be skilled, knowledgeable, flexible, keen to learn and a team player. A sense of humor is a definite asset.
Reporting to the Director of Production for all human resource matters and to the Technical Director for all technical matters, this position works closely with all members of the production department.
The team norms and behavourial expectations at Globe Theatre are:
• Everyone has a positive attitude, is hard working, reliable, and punctual;
• Everyone is a team player who puts Globe Theatre first;
• Problems are brought forward as they arise;
• Everyone takes responsibility for themselves and their departments and offers solutions to problems that occur.
The Head of Lighting shall possess superior interpersonal, project coordination and technical skills in lighting, electrics and networking. In fulfilling the position’s core responsibilities, Globe Theatre expects the Head of Lighting to:
• Maintain a high quality of workmanship achieving the standards set forth by Globe Theatre
• Ensure the safety and cleanliness of the workplace by adhering to all health and safety policies and procedures
• Have a superior knowledge of lighting technology including ETC programming, current trends in set electrics and networking.
Salary: Remuneration is $27.48 Hourly subject to the terms of the Collective Agreement
Interested individuals should submit a letter of interest and resume to:
Attention: Eryn Griffith, Production Manager
1801 Scarth Street Regina, Saskatchewan, S4P 2G9
Phone: (306) 924-2844
Globe Theatre is a dynamic theatre company that is located in a beautiful historic building in downtown Regina. It is the only permanent theatre-in-the round in Canada and the largest professional arts organization in Saskatchewan with an annual operating budget of $2.2 million. The theatre is blessed with an outstanding administrative and production team, an excellent and supportive board of directors, and a fabulous facility. Globe is a theatre where every member of the staff is focused on the art and where each person’s contribution is honored and valued.
Regina is a pretty prairie city of with a population of 200,000. The winters are cold, but it’s a dry cold, and the summers are hot and gorgeous. People on the street say hello to complete strangers. Real estate is very affordable. There’s no IKEA but we have every other imaginable big box store and some very sweet and funky little shops. Everything, including the airport, is only ten minutes away. The topography is ideal for cycling - it’s so flat. It’s a great place to call home.