This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Working under the supervision of the Technical Director, the Head Carpenter is responsible for all scenic elements, the equestrian footing and the other technical areas on site. This includes set-up and dismantling operations during transfers as well as the proper operation, maintenance and repairs of equipment as per the needs of the show.
• Planning, coordinating and performing the set-up and tear down of all scenic elements and the equestrian footing during transfers;
• Planning, coordinating and carrying out the necessary maintenance, repairs and troubleshooting to maintain the all scenic elements and the equestrian footing in excellent condition;
• Responsible for the safety and cleanliness of technical areas (backstage, technical shops, etc.);
• Operating scenic elements and assisting the backstage manager during shows, rehearsals and media events;
• Ensuring that operations are smooth and safe during rehearsals, shows, and media events;
• Ensuring that the scenic elements conform to the original concept and quality of the show;
• Planning and participating in the updating, replacement and maintenance of scenic elements in collaboration with the technical department;
• Creating and keeping a maintenance and repair log up to date;
• Managing the “on tour” and “fly-in” carpenters as well as teams of local employees;
• Loading and unloading trucks and flatbeds as per loading plans;
• Participating in all necessary safety training courses as well as training for emergency rescues procedures;
• Performing all other tasks required to ensure that show operations are smooth and safe.
• 3 to 6 years minimum experience as a Head Carpenter;
• Touring experience is a must;
• Managerial experience;
• Ability to drive a forklift and operate other heavy machinery;
• Ability to perform physical tasks;
• Bilingual (French & English);
• Interested in touring full-time with the show and authorized to travel and work in foreign countries.
Salary: to be discussed.
Fax: (514) 879-9003
Cavalia is an entertainment company that specializes in the creation, production and touring of innovative shows. The company, founded by Normand Latourelle, has an expertise in the equestrian and performing arts, and is known for making the most of cutting-edge technology, multimedia and special effects, which allows for the creation of magical, unique,
never-before-seen theatrical experiences. The company employs 300 permanent employees, more than 100 artists and performers, and is home to 130 horses representing some 15