This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Reporting to the Technical Director, the Head Rigger is in charge of the installation and maintenance of the equipment, the scenic rigging infrastructure and the acrobatics systems. The head rigger will also need to develop and implement security procedures and practices. The candidate must be available to work abroad and under a flexible schedule.
• Supervise a team of riggers during performances as well as the set-up/tear down;
• Maintain documentation related to the show and the rigging system up to date;
• Create and maintain a relationship of trust between the artists and the team of riggers. Traine artists on the proper use of acrobatic and safety equipment;
• Install and hang the acrobatic and scenic equipment, safety lines and anchor points;
• Manage and lead the team of riggers. Participate in their performance evaluation and hiring. Prepare the department budget;
• Inspect the rigging system and produce inspection reports. Adjust and maintain the equipment as necessary, in order to ensure that the facilities are safe;
• Maintain a safe working environment in accordance with established policies and practices. Attend any training regarding safety and rescue in height;
• Establish procedures for rescue in height with the relevant teams and external consultants if necessary;
• Ensure the smooth operation for rigging facilities during shows and rehearsals;
• Supervise the set-up and tear down of the rigging infrastructure during transfers;
• Ensure that the permanent and local staff meet the standards and regulations;
• Maintain the inventory of the rigging department;
• Work with the artistic team on any changes and evolution of the show;
• Act as a versatile technician during performances;
• Participate in daily tasks within the department;
• Participate in all other related task to ensure that operations run smoothly.
• Minimum of 5 years as a stage and acrobatic rigger;
• Extensive knowledge of acrobatic rigging for a large-scale production;
• Ability to climb and to work at heights ;
• Fall protection and general security training;
• Training in work and rescue at height is an asset;
• Recognized training in inspection, maintenance and operations of a chain motor is an asset;
• Knowledge of MS Windows and MS Office;
• Leadership and ability to work under pressure;
• Excellent communication with artists and technical staff;
• Interested in touring full-time with the show and authorized to travel and work in foreign countries.
Salary: To be discussed.
Candidates should apply to:
Ref : Head Acrobatic Rigger
Fax : (514) 879-9003, Email:
Cavalia is an entertainment company that specializes in the creation, production and touring of innovative shows. The company, founded by Normand Latourelle, has an expertise in the equestrian and performing arts, and is known for making the most of cutting-edge technology, multimedia and special effects, which allows for the creation of magical, unique, never-before-seen theatrical experiences. The company employs 300 permanent employees, more than 100 artists and performers, and is home to 130 horses representing some 15