This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Other
The Town of Morinville is seeking an individual to fill a temporary full-time position of Events & Culture Programmer (term approximately 14 months).
Reporting to the Events & Culture Coordinator, the Events & Culture Programmer plays a key role in contributing towards creating a vibrant, dynamic and enriching community. This position supports the Coordinator in developing and maintaining community partnerships and initiatives and may act as a liaison, facilitator and resource to community groups, non-profits, and others, in planning their events, festivals, community engagement and community building initiatives.
- Secondary Education/Diploma in a related field of study such as: Community Development, Events Management, Community/Culture Programming. Equivalencies may be considered
- Demonstrated abilities/experience working with volunteers and /or community stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in developing & implementing community events, festivals, initiatives, culture related programs and/or services. Experience in grant/funding programs.
- Demonstrated volunteer management skills. Excellent team player .
- Excellent time management, project management and problem solving skills. Well-developed communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy along with a high level of initiative.
- Competent with Computers and working knowledge of Micro soft Office software
- Previous Municipal or local Government Experience will be viewed as an asset.
- Minimum of Class 5 drivers license. Current first aid and CPR qualification.
Salary: Salary Range of $58,022—$69,281 (7 Step Grid) based on 35 hour work week. We offer workplace development and great opportunities for employees to become involved in the community.
Human Resources, Town of Morinville
10125-100 Avenue, Morinville AB T8R 1L6
Email: | Fax: 780.939.5633 | Web: www.morinville.ca
The Community Services department provides opportunities for all ages through access to quality sports and recreational programs; recreational facilities; arts, culture and heritage programs and community support services. The department addresses community needs and enhances the quality of life for all that live in and visit the Town of Morinville. Community Services plays an important role as a liaison with community organizations and provides assistance in accessing funding through Community Grants and Subsidies.