This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Other
Province: Toronto, Ontario
Position: Events Assistant
Deadline: August 18, 2019
Posted: August 6, 2019
Job Description / Duties
Performance Facilities is hiring Front of House Staff.
Job Title: Events Assistant
Department/Unit: Performance Facilities
Division/Faculty: School of the Arts, Media, Performance and Design
Affiliation: YUSA 2
Classification: Band 2
Salary: $14.96 per hour
Number of positions: 5
Estimated Number of Hours per Week: Generally 5-15 hours per week and up to maximum 24 hrs/wk * (variable)
Days Required: Variable
Position Start Date: August 26, 2019
Position End Date: December 15, 2019
The Events Assistant performs box office and ushering duties for performances at Performance Facilities venues (Sandra Faire and Ivan Fecan Theatre, Tribute Communities Recital Hall, Price Family Cinema, McLean Performance Studio, Joseph G. Green Studio Theatre) during day, evening and weekend performances.
• Provides customer service in the box office via telephone, in person, and by mail, filling ticket requests, providing event information and directing customers to appropriate offices and staff for assistance.
• Processes cash and credit card ticket sales, recording relevant information according to box office procedures.
• Resolves problems of a routine nature following operational procedures and guidelines and referring more complex situations to appropriate staff member for resolution.
• Greets and directs theatre patrons; provides information and assistance in routine and emergency situations; distributes programs.
• Monitors theatre lobbies during the performances.
• Assists in theatre and lobby preparation for events.
• Performs other related duties as required.
Committed to providing superior service to customers; respond effectively to customer concerns and service issues as they arise; possess excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; able to communicate clearly and concisely; work independently and as a part of a team; demonstrate good judgment and willingness to take initiative; sensitive to student needs and interests; knowledge and proficiency with MS Office and similar computer software; good keyboarding/data entry skills; experience handling cash and electronic sales transactions; experience with a computerized ticketing system is an asset; familiar with Occupational Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Previous experience providing service in a high-volume customer-oriented operation, responding to customer enquiries and handling cash/credit card payments. Experience with ticketing systems and/or audience service experience is an asset.
*APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 18, 2019 at 10:00pm
Salary: $14.96 per hour