This is a Permanent, Part-time position.Category: Technical
The Event Supervisor’s duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that clients conduct their operations safely and in accordance with Pumphouse Theatres policy and procedure
- Rigging Pumphouse Theatres equipment such as drapes, pipes, speakers, and projectors as required
- Responding to issues that may arise regarding the facility, and/or the event in question
- Unlocking the facility for client access and securing it again, as required
- Supporting and assisting client box office/front of house personnel and volunteers, as required
- Bartender/Concession Vendor during performance times
- Patron customer service
- Performing maintenance tasks to assist with facility up-keep & improvement
The Ideal Candidate is…
… Self-directed. You work independently as well as in a team environment
… Articulate. A strong communicator, you possess superior customer service skills
… Educated/Experienced. You have a good working knowledge of stage practices and procedure, especially where lighting, sound equipment and safe practices are concerned.
The ideal candidate will also have Standard First Aid C with AED as well as AGLC Pro-Serve certifications. Candidates without these certifications will also be considered, training could be provided.
The Pumphouse wishes to thank all those that apply, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries, please. Position is primarily part time with up to full time hours dependent on building needs.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Salary: hourly position
Technical Director, Pumphouse Theatres Society
2140 Pumphouse Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T3C 3P5
The Pumphouse Theatres, one of Calgary’s performing arts venues for over 40 years, is seeking an Event Supervisor. This is a part-time hourly position reporting to the Technical Director. Shifts will include evening and weekend work; shift schedule will vary depending upon the production schedule.
The Pumphouse Theatres Society is a leader in the professional arts community through the provision of affordable, professional quality rental facilities to Calgary’s performing arts companies.