This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Reporting to the technical director, the acrobatic rigger is responsible for carrying out the installation and maintenance of the rigging equipment and infrastructure and to assure the functioning of the equipment for the needs of the show. The person must be available to work under a variable schedule.
- Carrying out the installation and holding of the acrobatic and scenic equipment, of the security lines and of the anchor points;
- Supervise the other riggers on tour;
- Regularly verify the installations, make the necessary adjustments and do the maintenance of the installations in order to assure the security and integrity;
- Assure the good functioning of the rigging installations during the shows and repetitions;
- Respect all safety rules and norms at all time;
- When needed, control the rigging stock inventory;
- Participate in the tear-down and set-up of the rigging infrastructure when moving;
- Work as a versatile technician during the shows;
- Participate in any other related task necessary to the good functioning of the tour.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as an acrobatic rigger;
- Bilingualism (French and English);
- Knowledge of acrobatic rigging for an important production;
- Training in protection against falling and in general security;
- Must be able to keep communication flowing with the artists and technical employees;
- Authorized to work in the United States.
Transportation, lodging and food are provided on tour.
Salary: To be discussed according to experience.
Candidates should apply to:
5100 Hutchison, suite 300
Montreal, Qc, H2V 4A9
Ref.: Chief Acrobatic Rigger
Fax: (514) 879-9003
E-mail : email@example.com
Homage to the poignant history and fascinating bond between human beings and horses, Cavalia is a poem writing in the language of sound, image and extraordinary performance.
Blending dramatics visual effects, live music, dance and acrobatics with the bold presence of over sixty magnificent horses Cavalia raises the bar for spectacular entertainment in the 21th century.