This is a Temporary, Part-time position.Category: Technical
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Audio Systems Technician shall be responsible for the operation and maintenance of the Tidemark Theatre Society’s audio equipment. The Audio Systems Technician shall provide exceptional customer service, have excellent communication skills, and demonstrate a high level of leadership, professionalism and organization when dealing with clients.
The Audio Systems Technician shall oversee all operations within the audio department, ensure that all audio stage crew work in a safe manner and observe applicable safety regulations, and ensure that all work performed within the audio department conform to applicable standards and Tidemark Theatre policies.
The Audio Systems Technician must be familiar with audio equipment, power distribution, equipment storage, equipment maintenance, and building layout. The Audio Systems Technician must also demonstrate an advanced working knowledge and understanding of the following:
• Audio systems
• Microphones and wireless microphone systems
• Communication systems (ie. ClearCom)
• Power distribution
• Basic electricity and electrical safety
• Audio cue sheets and proficiency in running audio of shows
• Knots used in the theatre
• Stage terminology and practices
• Computer driven playback systems (ie. CueLab)
The Audio Systems Technician shall be responsible for reporting to the Managing Director or appointed designate.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties of Audio Systems Technicians shall include but are not limited to:
• Assist with load in and load out of sound equipment;
• Pack sound equipment, risers, and any other event-related gear; position is physically exerting and requires kneeling, bending, climbing, etc.
• Program sound cues into the computer;
• Operate the sound console;
• Identify and resolve technical issues in a pro-active manner;
• Modification and maintenance of house sound equipment as required in consultation with the Managing Director;
• Abide by required crew breaks, rest periods, and work assignments;
• Complete timesheets accurately and submit at the end of each shift;
• Complete post show reports at the end of each shift;
• Participate in meetings, training opportunities, and client consultations as required.
• Represent the Tidemark Theatre Society in a professional manner, particularly when dealing with rental clients, customers, volunteers, and staff;
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of Tidemark Theatre policies and procedures;
• Adhere to all Worksafe regulations and best practices in the industry;
• Any other duties as assigned by the Managing Director;
• Audio Technician certification and/or equivalent industry-related experience required;
• Strong communication and customer service skills;
• Knowledgeable in use of sound equipment, computers, and information technology;
• Ability to exercise courtesy, tact and diplomacy with rental clients, customers, volunteers, and staff;
• Ability to work calmly under pressure;
• Ability to work flexible hours to include evenings and weekends as required;
• Ability to acquire a Criminal Record Check;
• Ability to acquire a valid First Aid level 1 certificate.
Term: September 1, 2013 – June 30, 2014
Hours of Work: flexible work hours
Compensation: $19.20/hour; 4% vacation pay; 4% stat pay
Probationary Period: 3 months
Closing Date: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Salary: $19.20/hour; 4% vacation pay; 4% stat pay
Please email your resumes to:
1220 Shopper's Row
Campbell River, BC V9W 2C8
We thank you for your interest; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: In order to be considered, applications must include a cover letter and resume outlining experience and qualifications relative to the position.
The Tidemark Theatre is a municipally owned facility operated by the Tidemark Theatre Society which is a non-profit society. Its mandate is to be a nationally recognized centre for the arts that contributes culturally, economically and socially to our community. The Tidemark Theatre requires a casual Audio Systems Technician for the term beginning September 1, 2013 and ending June 30, 2014.