This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Education
The school seeks a dynamic and respected teacher who is technologically literate, an excellent communicator and who will bring enthusiasm and vibrancy to eager students. The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching Grade 9 Geography, Grade 10 History, Grade 10 Civics, Grade 11 Math for Everyday Life, and Grade 12 World Issues (University Destination).
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Developing course outlines in co-operation with the School Principal according to Ministry of Education curriculum guidelines regarding content, books, etc.
• Classroom teacher of History, Geography, Math and World Issues.
• Developing daily plans, taking attendance during classes, administering and marking tests, completing reports following Ministry and School guidelines.
• Maintaining proper order and discipline in the classroom, in school activities on premises and extra curricular.
• Performing duties that may be required by NBS to accommodate the needs of individual students and the demands of the ballet activities (e.g. extra coaching, additional classes).
• Performing other duties as assigned by the Principal.
• Bachelors degree with teaching certificate (teachables must include History and Geography)
• Classroom experience in both the Intermediate and Senior streams
• Excellent communication skills
• Good organizational skills and ability to work as a team player
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and handle a high volume of work
Successful candidates must supply the National Ballet School with a recent Vulnerable Sector Police Reference Check, in accordance with the School’s Child Abuse/Sexual Abuse Prevention Policy.
Salary: To Be Determined
Qualified applicants should direct applications stating qualifications, experience, and references, with salary expectations, to and include “Academic Teacher – Contract - 2016” in the subject line of your email by May 16, 2016.*
Canada’s National Ballet School is located at 400 Jarvis St., Toronto, Ontario M4Y 2G6.
Please visit www.nbs-enb.ca for more information.
*Consideration of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
NBS thanks all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
NBS is committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the AODA. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known.
Established in 1959, Canada’s National Ballet School is one of the world’s foremost training institutions for aspiring young dancers and teachers. Attracting students from across the country and around the world, NBS is the only ballet academy in North America to provide elite dance training, academic instruction and residential care on the same campus. The School’s progressive curriculum, with its emphasis on the physical and emotional well-being of the student, has put NBS at the forefront of dance training internationally.
Making dance relevant to all persons through its philosophy of ‘sharing dance’ sees NBS engaging a diverse mix of participants, from school children to people living with Parkinson’s Disease, in both on and off-site classes.
NBS is currently inviting applications for the position of:
ACADEMIC TEACHER – 4 MONTH, FULL-TIME CONTRACT (SEPTEMBER – DECEMBER 2016)