This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Technical
• TD reports to the General Manager
• Organize, design and implement all technical aspects for all productions presented at the LCA
• Ensure accurate communication, compliance and compatibility of technical requirements for touring and rental groups
• Recruit and manage production volunteers
• Orients facility renters and visiting productions to safety, technical characteristics and other areas of facility operations; facilitates the use of the technical facilities by others engaged by or renting the facility.
• Monitors the condition of equipment including lighting, sound, and rigging equipment; arranges for the repair and replacement within budgetary constraints; performs preventive maintenance on equipment.
• Assists with the preparation and control of production budgets; maintains inventory and orders specialized supplies.
• Attends technical Week rehearsals, in order to supervise and assist in the technical aspects of the mounting the show.
• Makes recommendations to the General Manager regarding capital purchases of technical equipment.
• Maintenance and development of equipment and systems
• establish and maintain effective working relationships with representatives of various groups, vendors, co-workers , and others; maintain irregular and extended working hours
• other duties as assigned by management
• graduate of recognized theatre program and 3 years related work experience
• knowledge of technical theatre practices, operations, maintenance and equipment
• physical ability to set up and move equipment , comfortable with heights and ladders, must be able familiar working with a counterweight fly system
• ability to understand drawings and schedules used in theatre productions
• excellent time management skills / able to meet deadlines
• strong computer skills, excellent communicator and detail oriented
• prepared to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
• Application deadline is January 10 2017
• ideal starting date is January 24 2017
• salary in based on experience
Salary: • salary in based on experience
Please email cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources committee; email@example.com
Interviews with qualified candidates may begin prior to the deadline
Lester Centre of the Arts – 1100 McBride Street , Prince Rupert , BC V8J3H2
The Prince Rupert Performing Arts Centre was built as a state of the art 700 seat facility opened in 1987. In 2006 it was renamed Lester Centre of the Arts. It is operated by a non-profit society for the cultural benefit of the people of the Pacific Northwest.
The Lester Centre at the heart of arts in Prince Rupert is used for rehearsals, dance classes, meeting, forums, fundraisers, weddings, memorials, musical theatre productions and school district events to name a few. You might say we are a community gathering centre. The facility boasts a rehearsal room, and a number of meeting rooms as well as the lobby gallery display area and auditorium.