Pre-conference workshop: 2-day Human Resources Management in Cultural Organizations
9:00 AM Aug 12 - 5:00 PM Aug 13, 2019
Presented by CITT/ICTS
- Monday August 12 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday August 13 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
CITT/ICTS Members: 40$ + GST
- Special Yukon resident rate: 40$ + GST (please use access code HR2019)
Non-members: 50$ + GST
Human Resource Management in Cultural Organizations will be a highly participatory workshop that will examine best practices in HR planning and management, with an emphasis on the interconnected needs of the individuals and organizations, and strengthening your capacity to interact with, lead and develop your staff. The workshop will be tailored to the needs and priorities of managers in the live performing arts, and draw on participants? experience to enhance learning.
IMPORTANT To ensure that this workshop and others to come are focused on the issues that are most critical and important to our membership we ask you respond to this 2-minute survey prepared by HR consultant and instructor Sibyl Frei.
After attending the workshop the attendee will be able to
- Describe and apply the main functions of human resource management including: planning for succession, staffing (recruitment and selection), development (training, continuing professional education and competency development), compensation, and performance management.
- Create human resource policies and practices that are consistent with the Canadian legal framework.
- Tailor and apply HR management tools to build capacity in your organization.
- Apply ethical standards and create professional expectations and accountability.
- Support the role of governance and the development of HR policies within a live performing arts management context."Presenter:
Sibyl Frei has been an arts consultant for almost 20 years, providing research, facilitation and training with numerous organizations. Since 2007, Sibyl has taught HR management in cultural organizations for the University of Victoria. Prior to consulting, Sibyl was the managing editor and co-owner of Ragweed Press & Gynergy books for 10 years.