What's New > National Arts and Culture Impact Survey (NACIS)
National and provincial arts service organizations across a range of artistic disciplines have joined forces to develop the National Arts and Culture Impact Survey (NACIS).
All arts organizations, artists, and arts workers across Canada are encouraged to participate in the survey by Monday, November 23, 2020.
The more responses we receive, the better the data will be.
CITT/ICTS strongly encourages its members to take this survey and to share it with your colleagues so that voices in our industry are heard.
The NACIS was designed to capture a snapshot in time. Contributions to this survey will help paint a clearer picture of the current state of the arts and culture sector in Canada and shape arts advocacy efforts across our sector in the months to come.Questions revolve around the impact COVID-19 has had and will have on your work, finances, and plans. You will not be asked for any identifying information other than the first three digits of your postal code and the arts service organization(s) with which you or your organization are affiliated.
To submit your response, click here: https://survey.pra.ca/SE/1/NACIS/
There are two paths through the NACIS: you may choose to fill it out as an individual artist or arts worker, or on behalf of an organization, group, or collective. The survey will take approximately 10 to 15 minutes to complete. If you’d like to represent both perspectives, you may choose to complete the survey twice.
Aggregate data will be shared with and reported on by the arts service organizations who commissioned the study. You will also have the opportunity to consent to sharing your survey responses with any arts service organization(s) you select for the purposes of sector- and region-specific reporting.
Complete the Survey | Find out more
Who is behind the NACIS?
The NACIS was co-commissioned by a group of national and provincial arts service organizations representing a range of artistic disciplines across Canada:
- Alberta Craft Council
- Alberta Dance Alliance
- Alberta Magazine Publishers Association
- Alberta Media Arts Alliance Society
- Alberta Media Production Industries Association
- Alberta Music
- Arts Touring Alliance of Alberta
- Atlantic Presenters Association
- Association des groupes en arts visuels francophones (AGAVF)
- Book Publishers Association of Alberta
- Canadian Dance Assembly (CDA)
- Canadian Live Music Association (CLMA)
- Dance Ontario
- Dance Umbrella of Ontario
- Independent Media Arts Alliance (IMAA)
- Fédération culturelle canadienne-française (FCCF)
- Greater Vancouver Professional Theatre Alliance (GVPTA)
- Ontario Association of Art Galleries (OAAG)
- Ontario Culture Days
- Ontario Presents
- The Association for Opera in Canada (formerly Opera.ca)
- Orchestras Canada
- Professional Association of Canadian Theatres (PACT)
- Playwrights Guild of Canada
- Regroupement artistique francophone de l’Alberta (RAFA)
- Theatre Alberta
- Toronto Alliance for the Performing Arts (TAPA)
- Writers’ Guild of Alberta
The contributing arts service organizations have retained PRA Inc., a national marketing research firm based in Winnipeg, to administer the survey.
GO TO ALL NEWS →
GO TO RECENT FORUM POSTINGS →
GO TO RESOURCE HUB →