The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- A dozen ESTA standards in public review.
- WTO Technical Barriers to Trade: uiltra-wideband equipment in China; ice wine in the UK but not Northern Ireland.
- ANSI public reviews: variable frequency drives, effects of electric charges on people and livestock; artificial intelligence definitions; criticality safety engineer training and qualification; and additives for fire sprinkler systems.
- New ANS projects: eight NFPA standards dealing with fire prevention, electrical safety, electrical inspections, building types, and more.
- Final actions on ANSs: product noise; four addenda to ANSI/ASHRAE/ICC/IES/USGBC Standard 189.1-2020; an addendum to ANSI/ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1-2022; an addendum to ANSI/ASHRAE/IES Standard 100-2018; ESTA E1.8 and E1.46; three ISO/IEC artificial intelligence standards; withdrawals of seven Office Open standards.
- Draft IEC & ISO docs: industrial networks; batteries; multimedia user experience; ergonomics for color blind; circular economy, autonomous fleet management; smart community infrastructure; energy audits; ergonomics of human-system interaction, part 112; workplace lighting, and simultaneous interpreting.
- Recently published ISO & IEC docs: training of crane slingers and signallers; bicycle luggage racks, reflectors, and lights; C#; ergonomics of human-system interaction, part 221; BI modeling lighting; playground maintenance; and two for machinery safety devices.
- TSP meeting and Plugfest schedule for October
- Investors in Innovation.
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available at http://estalink.us/nn7a1.
GO TO ALL NEWS →
GO TO RECENT FORUM POSTINGS →
GO TO RESOURCE HUB →