The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- FCC denies Sennheiser and Shure reconsideration petitions about vacant TV channels.
- WTO Technical Barriers to Trade: Interoperable video conferencing services in the USA; medical gases (including cryogenics) in the USA.
- ANSI public reviews: scaffold planks and stages; safety & health audits; home office lighting; 7-bit ASCII; more SQL than squirrels in the forest; audio coding; and IoT trustworthiness and real-time framework.
- CSA public reviews: a new CEC Table D3; and CEC conductor ampacities.
- New ANS projects: lumber adhesives; security system reports over IP; UVC disinfection; testing unlicensed wireless devices; and functional safety.
- Final approvals on American National Standards: steel buildings and bridges; heat and human occupancy; acceptable indoor air quality; eight addenda to ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1; four ESTA standards; aerial tramways; and safety of grounding and bonding equipment.
- Draft IEC & ISO docs: Building Information Modeling; lifts, escalators & moving walkway cybersecurity; supply chain cybersecurity; normal equal-loudness-contours; workforce data quality and workforce allocation; industrial single-drop digital communications interface; eyewear displays; future network recursive internetwork architecture; cybersecurity reference model for industrial Internet platform; symmetrical pair/quad cables; physical network security; USBs; secondary cells and batteries; and generic customer premises cabling.
- Recently published IEC & ISO docs: sustainable tourism; end-of-life activation of invehicle pyrotechnic devices; and LEDs “as an alternative to white light” for measuring smoke.
- TSP meeting schedule with an additional meeting.
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's TSP.
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available at http://estalink.us/nn7a1.
GO TO ALL NEWS →
GO TO RECENT FORUM POSTINGS →
GO TO RESOURCE HUB →