The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- WTO Technical Barrier to Trade notifications: air cleaners in the US; consumer safety products and labeling in Korea; loudspeakers and a lot of other sound recording or producing apparatus in Taiwan
- ANSI public reviews: four on ventilation; designation and classification of refrigerants; building energy standards, structural welding code
- CSA public reviews: electric motor operated hand tools; terminal blocks
- ETSI public reviews: RFID equipment; 48-volt DC power supply interfaces
- New ANS projects: assessing gas-phase performance air cleaning devices; testing of HVAC-duct mounted devices for particle and microorganism removal; PLC funtional safety and PLC single drop communication interfaces; test methods for optical coatings
- Final actions on American National Standards: Bullpen lighting;drive interface transport protocol; electric projector lamps; three for preparation of drawings for optics and electro-optics systems; broadband coaxial cabling and components standard; HID lamp ballasts; tubular fluorescent lamp ballasts; standard for handheld motor-operated electric tools - sanders and polishers; transfer switch equipment; solid state dimming controls
- Draft IEC & ISO documents; connectors for electrical and electonic equipment - 2P power plus 2P signal, 3-pole snaplock waterproof, and 2-pole snaplock waterproof connectors; measurement of blue light optical performance for visual display terminals; six optical fiber draft standards; Flexible OLED panels; contactors, switchgear, and PPE; paints, bearings, reinforcement fibers for fabrics; welding procedures
- Recently published IEC & ISO documents: building construction organization of information; fireworks test methods for specific substances; solid state relays;fibre optic cables; high-voltage switchgear; guidance for laser displays and shows; assignment of a safety integrity requirements
- 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline
- HSE safety notice: Ear loop respirators
- The heat is on: Resources for heat safety; NOAA/National Weather Service; OSHA; HSE safety bulletin
- TSP meeting schedule
- Plugfest returns to Dallas!
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available at http://estalink.us/nn7a1.
GO TO ALL NEWS →
GO TO RECENT FORUM POSTINGS →
GO TO RESOURCE HUB →