What's New > ESTA Standards Watch - September 29, 2021
September 29, 2021
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- Six ESTA standards in public review.
- ANSI E1.40- 2016 (R2021) is published.
- ESTA seeks an ETCP Program Manager.
- WTO Technical Barriers to Trade: lots of words about RoHS in the UK.
- ANSI public reviews: standard practice for steel buildings and bridges; reporting opinions of experts; evaluation of scientific or technical data; addenda am, ap, and av ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1; personnel lifting; gas tungsten arc welding of aluminum; heat shaping and straightening with oxyfuel torches; the Uniform Mechanical Code; and the Uniform Plumbing Code.
- New ANS projects: networked lighting control; immunity testing of multimedia equipment; personal noise dosimeters; rules for fusion energy devices; standard for cognitive accessibility; standard for evacuation devices; photovoltaic arrays earth fault protection; encryption of MPEG-2 transport streams; wireless IP network access security; and code of practice for personally identifiable information protection.
- Final approvals on American National Standards: slings; Green Globes assessment; human readiness scale in system development; log structures; horticultural lighting; measurement & estimation of sky glow; NFPA standard for semiconductor fabrication facilities; NFPA manufactured housing; personnel protection systems for electric vehicle supply circuits; cloud computing and distributed platforms; and five IoT standards.
- Draft IEC & ISO docs: guidance on making written text easy to read and understand; ergonomics of the thermal environment; accessible design; lifts for persons and goods; RFID for item managements; civil engineering sustainability terms,; luminaires for emergency lighting; Ecodesign for motor systems; dependability management; crisis management; cybersecurity supplier relationships; software maintenance; respiratory protective devices; guidance on managing information security risks; DALI parts 101, 102, and 103; wiring systems; and nine standards for bicycle safety requirements.
- Recently published IEC & ISO docs: two standards for digital audio parts; evaluating the sound field of directional loudspeaker array; city service continuity against disasters; travel risk management; encryption algorithms, part 1; and encapsulation of JPEG 2000 images into ISO/IEC 23008-12.
- TSP meeting schedule.
- TSP donors who have made long-term, multi-year pledges.
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program.
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.
GO TO ALL NEWS →
GO TO RECENT FORUM POSTINGS →
GO TO RESOURCE HUB →