posted on 12:45 PM, September 10, 2019
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- ANSI E1.33, RDMnet approved and published
- Three more ESTA standards approved with publication pending
- Three Draft ESTA Standards Available for Public Review
- Comments sought on US lamp efficacy rules
- ICC 2019 Public Comment Hearings schedule and agenda available
- Behind the Scenes holiday cards on sale
- One sponsorship left for 2020 New World Rigging Symposium
- WTO Technical Barrier to Trade notifications: chemicals in China; RoHS in the EU
- ANSI public reviews: ASHRAE/IES green buildings; flammability of cladding; welding cables; engineered wood flooring; US adoption of IEC safety standards; lockout/tagout; augmented and virtual reality; Uniform Mechanical Code; Uniform Plumbing Code; pliers; drawing abbreviations; flat wrenches; electric bike electrical systems.
- New ANS projects: stainless steel buildings; total worker health programs; mobile aerial work platforms.
- Final approvals of American National Standards: socket wrenches; 24 ASHRAE addenda, including five for BACnet; occupational health & safety management.
- Draft IEC & ISO documents: lead acid batteries; lithium cells & batteries; lighting system safety; interpretation of radio disturbances with lighting equipment; LASER displays; voltage dips; DALI; lighting equipment stand-by power measurement; radio disturbances from electric and hybrid vehicles; office machine accessibility; industrial automation security; words for smart cities.
- Recently published IEC & ISO documents: ISO quantities & units; high-level Petri nets; JPEG XS; SQuaRE; RPs for standards bodies, IT process risk assessment; ethical claims.
- TSP meeting schedule for October 2019 and January 2020--REVISED
- TSP donors who have made long-term, multi-year pledges
- Investors in Innovation, with new donors. Thank you!
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.