posted on 8:28 AM, October 29, 2018
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available at http://estalink.us/o5h4t.
- News items in this issue include:
- Eight ESTA Standards in Public Review
- DHS Guidelines for Countering IEDs, Evacuating Stadiums
- Tickets Now on Sale for Behind the Scenes Happy Hour
- WTO TBTs: thousands of chemicals in Korea, EcoDesign of motors and drives in the EU
- ANSI Public Reviews: home theatre cabling and color coding; withdrawal of fall protection definitions; metal additive manufacturing; resistance welding recommended practices; live roller conveyors; rotating electrical machine IP ratings; inch fasteners for structural applications.
- New ANS Projects: welding iron castings; sustainable gaming; Cat 6 and 6a cables; entrance mats for reducing slips, trips, and falls; generic telecommunications bonding and grounding.
- Final Actions on American National Standards: job-made ladders; cybersecurity and cyberattack mitigation; specifications for bell and gong signaling; RF absorption by humans.
- Draft IEC & ISO Documents: surface-mount components on continuous tapes; switchgear embedded software; generic cabling and MICE; digital audio data exchange file format; low-voltage switchgear security; real-time IoT framework.
- Recently Published IEC & ISO Docs: metal halide lamps performance specification; engine-driven AC generating sets; industrial automation systems and integration; ultrasonic weld testing; ASN.1 encoding rules; multimedia framework (MPEG-21).
- TSP Meeting Schedule for NAMM in Anaheim, updated
- TSP Donors Who Have Made Long-Term, Multi-Year Pledges
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program. Thank you!
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available at http://estalink.us/nn7a1