What's New > ESTA Standards Watch - October 25, 2021
October 26, 2021
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- Four ESTA standards in public review.
- Two new ESTA standards published: fire safety and using GFCIs.
- Holiday decorations benefit those in need.
- WTO Technical Barriers to Trade: third-party testing in China; units of measurement in the UAE; and lamp efficacy in the Barbados.
- ANSI public reviews: elevators and escalators; commercial vacuum cleaners; adjustable speed drives; personal fall protection; entering confined spaces; trustworthy artificial intelligence; drive-through screening protocol; motors and generators; LED drivers; air quality for cannabis growing and processing; solid-state dimmers; NFPA soundstages and motion picture production facilities; NFPA fire tests for films and fabrics, premises security, protecting historic structures, and electrical equipment maintenance.
- DIN public reviews: hearing protection and lifting operations.
- New ANS projects: additive manufacturing; and 16 standards for protecting executives and other “high-net-worth individuals.”
- Draft IEC & ISO docs: electrical drive eco-design; industrial automation security; graphic symbols; customer satisfaction; brand evaluation; HR vocabulary; sustainable cities; IT governance; JPEG; and accessible user interfaces.
- Recently published IEC & ISO docs: lifting ergonomics; mobile elevating work platforms; business collaboration; ergonomic recovery models for cyclical work; 20 Linux base standards; C++ extensions for reflection; 18 Open Connectivity Foundation docs.
- TSP donors who have made long-term, multi-year pledges.
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program--with a new one!
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available at http://estalink.us/nn7a1.
GO TO ALL NEWS →
GO TO RECENT FORUM POSTINGS →
GO TO RESOURCE HUB →