What's New > ESTA Standards Watch - October 14, 2021
October 15, 2021
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- Six ESTA standards in public review (a different six).
- New project: BSR E1.77, Secure Authentication for ESTA Streaming Protocols.
- ICC offers advice on EV charging and reducing GHG emissions.
- Holiday decorations sales benefit those in need.
- Sign Up for the end of year Mental Health First Aid Training classes.
- WTO Technical Barriers to Trade: silver nitrate in cosmetics in the USA; Philippine pyro; QR codes in Taiwan, Penghu, Kinmen, and Matsu; and VHF/UHF speech-com radios in Thailand.
- ANSI public reviews: snoring, public safety communicator response to child-abuse calls; steel roller chains; and welded steel chains.
- New ANS projects: pandemic fatality management; testing fall protection products; executive protection; power supply cybersecurity; local exhaust ventilation; ventilation safety code; machine learning for XR; rotating machinery repair; and public pool and spa operation.
- American National Standards approved: HVAC for plants without sunlight; resolving commingled human remains; four more addenda to ANSI/ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1 (don't change it--just add to it); addendum b to ANSI/ASHRAE/IES Standard 100; below the hook lifting devices; winches; employer programs for healthful construction and demotion sites; highway work zone safety; NFPA fireworks displays; NFPA combustible metals; NFPA fire alarm signalling; NFPA fire doors; UL single-pole connectors; UL attachment plug safety; UL locking attachment plug safety; cord sets; and LED equipment safety.
- Draft IEC & ISO docs: lifts; Ada; footwear safety; RFID; industrial automation networks; electric toothbrushes; single-drop industrial networks, IoT; EMCin residential environments; wave and tidal power; Smart Cities; data quality management; Organizational quality culture; and tourism at natural, cultural, and industrial sites.
- Recently published IEC & ISO docs: lighting systems; music rehearsal rooms; carbon dioxide capture; sex toys; IoT semantic interoperability; smart manufacturing map; and achieving zero-energy buildings.
- TSP meeting schedule.
- TSP donors who have made long-term, multi-year pledges.
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program.
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available at http://estalink.us/nn7a1.
GO TO ALL NEWS →
GO TO RECENT FORUM POSTINGS →
GO TO RESOURCE HUB →