What's New > ESTA Standards Watch - November 27, 2019
November 28, 2019
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- Fifteen ESTA standards available for public review.
- SAIA announces new effective date for A92 standards.
- Federal Highway Administration proposes revisions to bridge inspection standards.
- FCC seeks comments on broadcast radio rules.
- WTO Technical Barrier to Trade notifications: US OSHA NRTL recognition; plastics labeling in Uganda.
- ANSI public reviews: material hoists; data communication in building automation; the Fall Protection Code; symbols for welding, brazing, and nondestructive examination; titanium fusion welding; portable air tools safety; portable lithium cells and batteries; and the withdrawal of UL 294b PoE safety standard.
- CSA public reviews: workplace disability management systems; mobile crane safety; suspended access equipment; and guidelines for complaints handling.
- New ANS projects: IES RP for control narratives; arc welding equipment including liquid cooling, arc striking and stabilizing devices, & torches; and industrial premises telecommunications infrastructure.
- New American National Standards: animal composting; three addenda to BACnet; Uniform Mechanical Code; Uniform Plumbing Code; and an IES standard for building information management.
- Draft IEC & ISO documents: Battery Life language; lithium cells and batteries, environmental management and greenhouse gases; sound system measurement; generic cabling; four draft building automation standards; low-voltage controlgear; electromagnetism quantities and units; intelligent device management; Chinese medicine herbal identity testing, cybersecurity and privacy protection; and safety of machinery electrical equipment.
- Recently published IEC & ISO docs: laser safety, wrong connectors for photovoltaic systems; electronic discovery; block ciphers; priority list of herbal medicines; and guidelines for financially evaluating energy-saving projects.
- TSP January 2020 meeting schedule and a link to the April schedule.
- TSP donors who have made long-term, multi-year pledges.
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program.
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.
GO TO ALL NEWS →
GO TO RECENT FORUM POSTINGS →
GO TO RESOURCE HUB →