posted on 5:27 AM, November 28, 2019
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- Fifteen ESTA standards available for public review.
- SAIA announces new effective date for A92 standards.
- Federal Highway Administration proposes revisions to bridge inspection standards.
- FCC seeks comments on broadcast radio rules.
- WTO Technical Barrier to Trade notifications: US OSHA NRTL recognition; plastics labeling in Uganda.
- ANSI public reviews: material hoists; data communication in building automation; the Fall Protection Code; symbols for welding, brazing, and nondestructive examination; titanium fusion welding; portable air tools safety; portable lithium cells and batteries; and the withdrawal of UL 294b PoE safety standard.
- CSA public reviews: workplace disability management systems; mobile crane safety; suspended access equipment; and guidelines for complaints handling.
- New ANS projects: IES RP for control narratives; arc welding equipment including liquid cooling, arc striking and stabilizing devices, & torches; and industrial premises telecommunications infrastructure.
- New American National Standards: animal composting; three addenda to BACnet; Uniform Mechanical Code; Uniform Plumbing Code; and an IES standard for building information management.
- Draft IEC & ISO documents: Battery Life language; lithium cells and batteries, environmental management and greenhouse gases; sound system measurement; generic cabling; four draft building automation standards; low-voltage controlgear; electromagnetism quantities and units; intelligent device management; Chinese medicine herbal identity testing, cybersecurity and privacy protection; and safety of machinery electrical equipment.
- Recently published IEC & ISO docs: laser safety, wrong connectors for photovoltaic systems; electronic discovery; block ciphers; priority list of herbal medicines; and guidelines for financially evaluating energy-saving projects.
- TSP January 2020 meeting schedule and a link to the April schedule.
- TSP donors who have made long-term, multi-year pledges.
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program.
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.