What's New > ESTA Standards Watch - May 15, 2020
May 15, 2020
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- Three ESTA draft standards in public review.
- The Event Safety Alliance Reopening Guide is published.
- ANSI Seeks Feedback on ISO Proposal Managing School Trip Risk.
- Germicidal UV advice.
- WTO Technical Barrier to Trade notifications: chemical risk evaluation in the USA; toxic mixes in the EU.
- ANSI public reviews: identifying loss of productivity; daylighting for buildings; laser safety; biosafety cabinetry; canine detection of explosives; harmonizing UL low-voltage gear standards with the IEC; and rigging hardware.
- New ANS projects: professional cannabis extractors; vehicle-mounted lifting devices; unmanned aircraft systems; AV rack systems; powered theatre curtain machines; stage floor machinery; and a recommended practice for UV germicidal irradiation.
- Final actions on ANSs: lighting equipment EMC and harmonic currents; radiation detector standard data format; bridge welding code; professional Legionella water safety; intelligent buildings; 16 IES standards; and a UL standard for LED modules.
- Draft IEC & ISO docs: low-voltage switch gear; smart cities, UV lamp photobiological safety; harmonic currents; optical disk data storage; home RF cabling; generic cabling; and cybersecurity.
- Recently published IEC & ISO docs: IP for rotating machinery; Fieldbus profiles; PROFIBUS & PROFINET; tower cranes; building automation; logistics flow visibility; cybersecurity; addressing consumer issues; and low-voltage switchgear.
- TSP meeting schedule with more meetings.
- TSP donors who have made long-term, multi-year pledges.
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program.
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.
GO TO ALL NEWS →
GO TO RECENT FORUM POSTINGS →
GO TO RESOURCE HUB →