posted on 7:06 AM, May 15, 2020
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- Three ESTA draft standards in public review.
- The Event Safety Alliance Reopening Guide is published.
- ANSI Seeks Feedback on ISO Proposal Managing School Trip Risk.
- Germicidal UV advice.
- WTO Technical Barrier to Trade notifications: chemical risk evaluation in the USA; toxic mixes in the EU.
- ANSI public reviews: identifying loss of productivity; daylighting for buildings; laser safety; biosafety cabinetry; canine detection of explosives; harmonizing UL low-voltage gear standards with the IEC; and rigging hardware.
- New ANS projects: professional cannabis extractors; vehicle-mounted lifting devices; unmanned aircraft systems; AV rack systems; powered theatre curtain machines; stage floor machinery; and a recommended practice for UV germicidal irradiation.
- Final actions on ANSs: lighting equipment EMC and harmonic currents; radiation detector standard data format; bridge welding code; professional Legionella water safety; intelligent buildings; 16 IES standards; and a UL standard for LED modules.
- Draft IEC & ISO docs: low-voltage switch gear; smart cities, UV lamp photobiological safety; harmonic currents; optical disk data storage; home RF cabling; generic cabling; and cybersecurity.
- Recently published IEC & ISO docs: IP for rotating machinery; Fieldbus profiles; PROFIBUS & PROFINET; tower cranes; building automation; logistics flow visibility; cybersecurity; addressing consumer issues; and low-voltage switchgear.
- TSP meeting schedule with more meetings.
- TSP donors who have made long-term, multi-year pledges.
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program.
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.