What's New > ESTA Standards Watch - March 16, 2021
March 17, 2021
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- Seven ESTA standards in public review.
- New EIF outdoor event guidance available.
- IECC to use ANSI-approved process.
- Behind the Scenes seeks designers for 2021 holiday cards.
- WTO Technical Barrier to Trade notifications: RF spectrum use in Brazil; UK electric vehicle smart chargepoints; all products and commodities subject to Mandatory Standards in Israel; and Canadian white-space devices.
- ANSI public reviews: below the hook lifting devices; withdrawal of a standard for connecting portable media players; installing and maintaining UPSs; LED driver robustness; structured cabling infrastructure; safe work programs for construction and demolition; rope access systems; single-pair twisted-pair cabling; and personal hygiene devices for water closets.
- DIN public review: a framework for digital preservation of cinematic works.
- New ANS projects: underhung cranes and monorail systems; two new ESTA standards for control protocols and one revision for photometrics; five Z535 standards for safety signage, symbols, and manuals; an NFPA standard for safety symbols; NFPA standards for spraying and dipping; and an NFPA standard for electrical machine safety.
- Final approvals on American National Standards: evaluating the quality of government operations; structural welding with stainless steel; project management; ventilation for indoor air quality; one addendum to ANSI/ASHRAE/IES Standard 100; and six addenda to ANSI/ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1
- Draft IEC & ISO docs: OSI: JPEG; MPEG; governance of IT with AI; and Smart City inventory and mapping.
- Recently published IEC & ISO docs: adjustable speed electric power drive; digital audio; thunderstorm warning systems; material flow cost accounting; adaption to climate change; intelligent transport; security and resilience vocabulary; civil engineering security; cloud computing vocabulary; representation of immersive media; and cybersecurity.
- TSP meeting schedule.
- TSP donors who have made long-term, multi-year pledges.
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program, with some additions.
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.
GO TO ALL NEWS →
GO TO RECENT FORUM POSTINGS →
GO TO RESOURCE HUB →