posted on 5:13 AM, June 23, 2020
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- Four draft TSP standards in public review.
- Three ESTA TSP standards approved and published.
- Event Safety Alliance Reopening Guide is now in Chinese and French—and English.
- WTO Technical Barrier to Trade notifications: new uses for chemicals in the USA; unmanned aircraft in China; and building products in New Zealand.
- ANSI public reviews: training robotic welding personnel; AV rack safety; multi-employer worker safety programs; installing commercial lighting systems; and networked parking lot lighting.
- CSA public reviews: workplace electrical safety and managing impairment in the workplace.
- New ANS projects: stormwater harvesting; welding and brazing symbols; welding terms and more; monitoring stress by heart rate, breathing, and skin resistance; standard for remote inspections; and emergency action planning for 500 people or more.
- American National Standards approved: emergency evacuation signals and instructions; two ESTA & ESA standards; and two standards for software cybersecurity with network-connected products.
- Draft IEC & ISO docs: OLEDs; Fieldbus specs; IoT underwater and in industrial systems; luminaire requirements and tests; and managing psychosocial risks.
- Recently published IEC & ISO docs: LCD multi-screen display terminals; JPEG and MPEG; software safety and security tools; online privacy notices and consent; and cloud computing service partners.
- TSP meeting schedule for July, now with more meetings.
- TSP donors who have made long-term, multi-year pledges.
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program.
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.