What's New > ESTA Standards Watch - June 11, 2021
June 14, 2021
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- Four ESTA standards reaffirmed and published.
- Six ESTA standards in public review.
- ICC hurricane resources.
- NFPA solicits comments on two TIAs about air conditioners and GFCIs.
- NIST offers inclusive language guidance
- WTO Technical Barrier to Trade notifications: RLANs in Canada; and machine safety in the Russian Federation.
- ANSI public reviews: heat shaping with oxyfuel torches; NECA and NFPA standards for lightning protection system installation; UL AV and telecoms safety; resolving commingled remains; NFPA stationary energy storage systems; and a UL standard for outdoor furniture.
- CSA public reviews: grounding and bonding equipment; and anchorage connectors for fall-arrest and travel-restraint.
- New ANS projects: testing in-room microorganism removal systems; fire design for wood construction; indoor navigation systems for people with hearing impairments; and a standard for Cat 8 LAN cable.
- Final actions on ANSs: large occupant lounge seating; IoT lighting practice; and UL standards for locking connectors.
- Draft IEC & ISO docs: sustainable buildings and civil engineering works; smart community buses and trains; robotics safety, cyber-physically controlled machine tools; safety sensors for machinery; smart city vocabulary; cloud data sharing agreements; QR codes for smart city transportation; and certification of software and systems professionals.
- Recently published IEC & ISO docs: germicidal UV-C; hard anodic aluminum coatings; fuel cell light rail; facility management terms; controlling COVID-19 in tourism services; business continuity management systems; and three HR management metrics standards.
- TSP meeting schedule for July 2021.
- TSP donors who have made long-term, multi-year pledges.
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.
GO TO ALL NEWS →
GO TO RECENT FORUM POSTINGS →
GO TO RESOURCE HUB →