posted on 12:45 PM, July 31, 2017
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available at http://estalink.us/x0pu6.
News items in this issue include:
- ESTA Standards in public review: rigging and fog
- Rigging Working Group opens three standards for revision, calls for members
- FCC seeks reliable call authentication system, seeks comments
- FCC revises and clarifies wireless microphone rules and proposes expansion of license eligibility
- INNOVA call for content
- Protocol in pursuit of pictures
- UL Announces development of UL 5500, Remote Software Updates
- Ofcom allows Wi-Fi use in the 5.8 GHz band
- WTO TBT notifications, including new OSHA rules for Walking-Working Surfaces and Fall Protection Systems
- ANSI Public Reviews: office and video lighting, welding, telecom cable, and more
- CSA Public Review Announcement: over-current protection coordination.
- New ANS Projects: BIM application, fireworks, NEC, avoiding dust explosions
- Final Actions on ANSs: 22 addenda to ASHRAE/IES standards, Li batteries, cybersecurity, fuzzy markup, etc.
- Draft IEC & ISO Standards: space and time, electronic system architecture, security and resilience, etc.
- Recently Published IEC & ISO Documents: fine bubbles, USB, fire safety, LED flux maintenance, etc.
- TSP Meeting Schedule for November and at NAMM in January
- TSP Donors Who Have Made Long-Term, Multi-Year Pledges: Thank you!
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program: Thank you!
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available at http://estalink.us/nn7a1.