July 13, 2021
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- One ESTA standard in public review.
- BTS mental health first aid training classes in August.
- NFPA solicits comments on TIA for bathroom receptacles.
- NIST invites comments on AI bias.
- WTO Technical Barrier to Trade notifications: wireless mics and truck safety in the USA; AV safety in Saudi Arabia.
- ANSI public review announcements: intrusion protection for enclosures; security for telecom structures; AV product energy efficiency; structured cabling for intelligent buildings; assessing and repairing concrete structures; HVAC for indoor plants; and air quality for growing and processing cannabis.
- BSI public review: panel boards for ordinary people.
- A new ANS project: sustainable electronics reuse & recycling.
- Final approval on American National Standards: ESTA's E1.37-2; six addenda for various ASHRAE standards; rope access systems; and UV germicidal radiation.
- Draft IEC & ISO documents: bamboo structures; travel risk management; IoT trust; electrical equipment impact protection; FDI profiles; EMC immunity to conducted disturbances; AV safety; and project, programme, and portfolio management.
- Recently published IEC & ISO documents: live working; HBES and BACS; lithium cells and batteries; accessibility and usability of houses; and underwater IoT communication.
- Revised TSP meeting schedule.
- TSP donors who have made long-term, multi-year pledges.
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program.
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.