What's New > ESTA Standards Watch - July 12, 2021
July 13, 2021
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- One ESTA standard in public review.
- BTS mental health first aid training classes in August.
- NFPA solicits comments on TIA for bathroom receptacles.
- NIST invites comments on AI bias.
- WTO Technical Barrier to Trade notifications: wireless mics and truck safety in the USA; AV safety in Saudi Arabia.
- ANSI public review announcements: intrusion protection for enclosures; security for telecom structures; AV product energy efficiency; structured cabling for intelligent buildings; assessing and repairing concrete structures; HVAC for indoor plants; and air quality for growing and processing cannabis.
- BSI public review: panel boards for ordinary people.
- A new ANS project: sustainable electronics reuse & recycling.
- Final approval on American National Standards: ESTA's E1.37-2; six addenda for various ASHRAE standards; rope access systems; and UV germicidal radiation.
- Draft IEC & ISO documents: bamboo structures; travel risk management; IoT trust; electrical equipment impact protection; FDI profiles; EMC immunity to conducted disturbances; AV safety; and project, programme, and portfolio management.
- Recently published IEC & ISO documents: live working; HBES and BACS; lithium cells and batteries; accessibility and usability of houses; and underwater IoT communication.
- Revised TSP meeting schedule.
- TSP donors who have made long-term, multi-year pledges.
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program.
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.
GO TO ALL NEWS →
GO TO RECENT FORUM POSTINGS →
GO TO RESOURCE HUB →