posted on 7:27 AM, July 12, 2018
News items in this issue include:
- ESTA Plugfest sACN Round Table!
- ANSI Seeks Comments on New ISO Field of Activity on the Circular Economy
- WTO TBTs: electric lighting in Mexico, lead (RoHS) in the EU, switchgear & controlgear in Botswana, 20 MHz band low-power wireless in Japan.
- ANSI Public Reviews: hardening public safety sites, personal fall arrest system parts, professional services sustainability, additive metal manufacturing, telecom cabling, labeling cords & hoses
- BSI Public Reviews: Legionella control; painting code of practice
- CSA Public Reviews: controlled outlets, welding safety, outdoor lighting controls, CEC “equipotential grounding,” counterweighted guardrail systems
- New ANS Projects: safe steel erection; playground surfaces; RFID for packages; service entrance grounding and bonding; luminaire extension modules; preventing slips, trips, and falls; safety of autonomous products (no human intervention)
- Final Actions on American National Standards: oodles of BACnet, auditing management systems
- Draft IEC & ISO Documents: Prosumer electrical installations, lamp controlgear, lots of luminaire standards parts, transporting lithium cells & batteries, water pipe smoking machines, LEDs
- Recently Published IEC & ISO Documents: electric fence energizers, quality management, welding, living in space
- TSP Meeting Schedule (one less meeting)
- TSP Donors Who Have Made Long-Term, Multi-Year Pledges
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program. THANK YOU!
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available at http://estalink.us/nn7a1.