posted on 11:45 AM, January 23, 2018
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available at http://estalink.us/gozpv.
News items in this issue include:
- Two ESTA draft standards in public review
- Ken Vannice obituary
- UL seeks STP 1640 members
- DOC/DHS draft report on federal networks and infrastructure cybersecurity.
- CDC flu advice
- US national experts sought for new standards committee on artificial intelligence
- WTO Technical Barrier to Trade notification for Canadian radio equipment
- ANSI public reviews: job-made ladders, riser cables, transfer switch equipment
- BSI public reviews: BS EN 17206, Lifting and Load-bearing Equipment for Stages
- CSA public reviews: single-conductor portable power feeder cable, amusement rides below power lines
- DIN public reviews: DIN EN 17206, Lifting and Load-bearing Equipment for Stages
- New ANS projects: paper sizes, sustainable success, project quality management, occupational safety and health management, intellectual property licensing, and intellectual assets in the boardroom
- Draft IEC & ISO standards: DALI, risk management, virtual assembly tests, assessing learning outcomes, FORTRAN, live working
- Recently published IEC & ISO documents: safety of laser products, switchgear, programmable controllers; words for coffee; extended vehicles; anodizing aluminium; big data
- TSP meeting schedule for January at NAMM with room assignments
- Investors in Innovation and multi-year pledge donors, supporters of ESTA's TSP
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available at http://estalink.us/nn7a1.