January 14, 2021
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- Events Industry Forum updates guidance for England almost continuously.
- WTO TBT notifications: asbestos in the USA; L-band radios in Brazil; industrial chemicals in Israel; and electric motor efficiency in Egypt.
- ANSI public reviews: composting dead bodies; cleaning HVAC; portable ventilation systems; reducing hazards by design; rental property size; full body harnesses; motors and generators; vaccine storage; portable walkway tribometers; prefab electrical assemblies; and professional speaker safety.
- CSA public reviews: designing active fall protection systems; what are “low voltage” DC and an “industrial establishment”?
- DIN public review announcement: studio lighting hoists.
- New ANS projects: UV germicidal system safety; RV parks and campgrounds.
- Final actions on American National Standards: mobile industrial robots and automatic roof vents.
- Draft IEC & ISO docs: wireless power transfer; visual display performance; IoT; generic cabling; DALI; autonomous shuttles and vehicles on public roads; laser safety; IK code; nonlinear PCM coding; and electrical installations in pools and fountains.
- Recently published IEC & ISO docs: Fieldbus; medical tourism; comparing strings, UCS; software issue management tools, IoT; OSI; OpenChain; cybersecurity; cognitive wireless RAN MAC and PHY; and general guidelines for safe working during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- TSP meeting schedule with more meetings all via WebEx.
- TSP donors who have made long-term, multi-year pledges.
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program, with some additions.
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.