posted on 7:43 AM, February 13, 2019
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available at http://estalink.us/rgzjb.
News items in this issue include:
- Six ESTA standards in public review
- ANSI approves reaffirmation of E1.48
- Join the conversation at the New World Rigging Symposium
- Help change the future of entertainment control
- ESTA's 2019 Plugfest dates announced
- ANSI seeks private-sector participation for U.S.-China standards program
- WTO Technical Barrier to Trade Notifications—for now: US banning bump stocks; Canadian lighting equipment EMC; oodles of Kuwaiti standards aligning with IEC standards; date processing equipment energy efficiency in Japan.
- ANSI Public Reviews: community risk assessment and risk reduction; compressed gases and cryogenic fluids code; human factors engineering of computer workstations; AC inverters for cranes; power-operated vertical carousels; contract management; e-learning in HES training; design of welded joints in machinery; data center best practices; enclosed cylindrical wormgear speed reducers and gearmotors; ventilation for acceptable indoor air quality; resistance welding; spray-applied polyurethane foam insulation; determination of fire loads; and prevention of fire and dust explosions.
- CSA Public Reviews: EMC, low-voltage cables, and changes to the CEC.
- DIN Public Review: Drives and control systems for safety-related equipment.
- New ANS Projects: portable ladders; passive building design; zero-energy buildings; lock-out/tag-out; welding qualifications; machine IT security; evacuation devices for people with disabilities; distributed energy resource management.
- Final Actions on ANSs: a recommended luminous efficiency function for stage and studio luminaire photometry; enclosed gear drives; gear drive sound; resistance welding; multi-room audio cabling; illuminating engineering nomenclature; wheelchair seating; rotating electrical machine IP ratings; Fortran forever!; and single-byte graphic character sets Latin, Greek, Thai, Celtic.
- Draft IEC & ISO Docs: sustainability in buildings and civil engineering works; guidelines for using ISO/IEC/IEEE 15288; workplace atmospheres gas detectors; Fieldbus and more Fieldbus; process industry sector functional safety; time-sensitive networking profile for industrial automation; ratcheting wrenches; and community resilience, guidelines for information exchange between organizations.
- Recently Published IEC & ISO Docs: low-voltage switchgear and controlgear, all parts for only $7347.00; USB type-C; marking symbols for identification cell chemistry;; future expectations of phase angles of harmonic current emissions and voltages in the public supply; color-coding optical fibre cables; parallel wire strand steel ropes for suspension bridges; wushu taiji sword requirements and test methods; programmable electronic systems in safety-related applications for escalators and moving walks; high efficiency coding and media delivery in heterogeneous environments; immersive media, omnidirectional media; and code of practice for protection of personally identifiable information in clouds.
- TSP Meeting Schedule at USITT
- TSP Donors Who Have Made Long-Term, Multi-Year Pledges
- Updated Investors in Innovation list.
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available at http://estalink.us/nn7a1.