What's New > ESTA Standards Watch - December 9, 2019
December 11, 2019
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- Fifteen ESTA standards available for public review.
- WTO Technical Barriers to Trade: fog fluid in Korea, cells and batteries in Israel, fabrics and fibers in the Ukraine.
- Proposed revision to ANSI Essential Requirements available for comment.
- ANSI public reviews: brazing; communication for intelligent buildings; distribution system power quality; installing generator sets; and engineering drawings, line conventions, and symbols and units for acoustics.
- CSA public reviews: guidelines of customer complaints; and industrial automation security.
- New ANS projects (get involved, if you want): standard for overhead wire rope hoists; hazardous energy control (lock-out/tag-out/other); photobiological safety for lamp systems; enterprise control system integration; human-machine interfaces; safety standard for entertainment and education robots; and toxic gas detectors.
- Recently approved American National Standards: seven addenda to ANSI/ASRHAE/ICC/USGBC/IES Standard 189.1-2017; IES goniometer guide; NFPA standards for fire brigades, security services, premises security, security systems, emergency services risk management, mass evacuation, command safety, and pre-incident planning; scaffolding testing and rating; and distributed processing enterprise language.
- Draft IEC & ISO documents: adapting to climate change; dependability reviews; part 9909 for customer premises communication cabling; floating point arithmetic, building automation and control, fire evacuation; headphones and earphones; facility management strategy; industrial-process measurement, control and automation; harmonic limits ≤16 A per phase; and VR eyewear image quality.
- Recently published IEC & ISO documents: low-voltage installations; control charts; goods and people lifts; unmanned aircraft systems; building automation with KNXnet/IP; sustainable cities; Internet of media; and product line software and systems engineering.
- TSP January 2020 meeting schedule with one more meeting.
- TSP donors who have made long-term, multi-year pledges.
- Investors in Innovation, with a new supporter of ESTA's Technical Standards Program.
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.
GO TO ALL NEWS →
GO TO RECENT FORUM POSTINGS →
GO TO RESOURCE HUB →