December 11, 2019
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- Fifteen ESTA standards available for public review.
- WTO Technical Barriers to Trade: fog fluid in Korea, cells and batteries in Israel, fabrics and fibers in the Ukraine.
- Proposed revision to ANSI Essential Requirements available for comment.
- ANSI public reviews: brazing; communication for intelligent buildings; distribution system power quality; installing generator sets; and engineering drawings, line conventions, and symbols and units for acoustics.
- CSA public reviews: guidelines of customer complaints; and industrial automation security.
- New ANS projects (get involved, if you want): standard for overhead wire rope hoists; hazardous energy control (lock-out/tag-out/other); photobiological safety for lamp systems; enterprise control system integration; human-machine interfaces; safety standard for entertainment and education robots; and toxic gas detectors.
- Recently approved American National Standards: seven addenda to ANSI/ASRHAE/ICC/USGBC/IES Standard 189.1-2017; IES goniometer guide; NFPA standards for fire brigades, security services, premises security, security systems, emergency services risk management, mass evacuation, command safety, and pre-incident planning; scaffolding testing and rating; and distributed processing enterprise language.
- Draft IEC & ISO documents: adapting to climate change; dependability reviews; part 9909 for customer premises communication cabling; floating point arithmetic, building automation and control, fire evacuation; headphones and earphones; facility management strategy; industrial-process measurement, control and automation; harmonic limits ≤16 A per phase; and VR eyewear image quality.
- Recently published IEC & ISO documents: low-voltage installations; control charts; goods and people lifts; unmanned aircraft systems; building automation with KNXnet/IP; sustainable cities; Internet of media; and product line software and systems engineering.
- TSP January 2020 meeting schedule with one more meeting.
- TSP donors who have made long-term, multi-year pledges.
- Investors in Innovation, with a new supporter of ESTA's Technical Standards Program.
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.