posted on 8:26 AM, January 8, 2019
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available at http://estalink.us/ikxhs.
News items in this issue include:
- One ESTA Standard in Public Review
- ESTA Office Closed for the Holidays
- PLASA PlugFest 2019 in France
- WTO TBTs: radioactive material transport in Mexico; socket wrenches in Turkey; EU hazardous substance regs affecting white paint; EU REACH changes affecting anaerobic digestion of organic material; revisions to SI; lithium batteries in Korea; defining "biological product" in the USA.
- ANSI Public Reviews: data center design; electrical lamp bases and sockets; led driver measurements; lighting equipment harmonic emission limits; emissions from 3D printers; room noise; audiovisual systems energy management; safe use of lasers in schools; recommended practices for microgrids; digital interface with auxiliary power for devices; low voltage systems in RVs; lever hoists; planning load handling; transfer switch equipment.
- BSI Public Review: structural use of aluminium.
- CSA public reviews: Canadian Electrical Code grounding and bonding; propane storage and handling.
- New ANS Projects: portable cells and batteries--lithium too; lighting equipment EMC and electrostatic discharge; permanent wood foundation design; brazing aluminum; IoT cybersecurity; UPSs.
- Final approval of American National Standards: evaluating brazed joints; functional safety for electrical/fluid power control systems; nuclear criticality with fissionable material outside reactors; installation practices for telecomms and ICT cabling; BACnet; theatrical fog made with aqueous solutions of di- and trihydric alcohols; loudspeaker enclosures intended for overhead suspension; software engineering life cycle management; enterprise-control system integration; stairs, ladders, and open-edge guards for material handling structures; boltless metal shelving; cable-less controls for overhead cranes; fire protection for laboratories; electrical equipment maintenance; tests for evaluating room fire growth; safe confined space entry; flame propagation tests for textiles and films; building energy code; fire protection of historic structures; disaster/emergency management and business continuity; standard for small unmanned aircraft systems for public safety operations; electrical sign safety; seasonal and holiday decorative product safety.
- Draft IEC & ISO docs: resilient cities; optoelectronic devices; secondary cells and batteries; low-voltage electrical installations energy efficiency, EMC ≤16 A per phase; non-linear PCM encoded audio bitstreams; wireless power transfer energy efficiency; telecommunications bonding; IoT interoperability; welding health and safety; interface between industrial facilities and the smart grid; configurable car infotainment; residential EMC; estimating extra low voltage lighting radiation.
- New IEC & ISO Docs
- Updated TSP Meeting Schedule
- TSP Donors Who Have Made Long-Term, Multi-Year Pledges
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program. Updated list. Thank you!
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available at http://estalink.us/nn7a1.