The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available at http://estalink.us/o99x1.
News items in this issue include:
- Six ESTA Standards in Public Review
- Winter Holidays in August: 2017 BTS Holiday Cards Now Available!
- INNOVA Call for Content
- Protocol in Pursuit of Pictures
- WTO TBTs:
- USA less gasohol, more biodiesel
- Taiwan changes rules for low-power RF devices
- Mexico regulates radio signal and cell phone blocking devices
- South Korea changes rules for wood products and charcoal
- European Union bans a bunch of chemicals
- Singapore controls polychlorinated naphthalenes and trichlorfon
- Indonesia applies SNI certification requirements to AV equipment
- Turkey sets requirements for M12 and M30 hex-head bolts and nuts
- Ukraine requires certification of building materials, products, and structures
- ANSI Public Review Announcements
- Due 11 September: laminated lumber, solar collectors, crash classification, welding specs, LEDs, cloud computing, log structures, IT cabling, WLANS, etc.
- Due 18 September: safe steel erection, LED safety, construction safety & health, etc.
- Due 3 October: BIOS protection, cloud infrastructure, safety of cords and connectors, etc.
- New ANS Projects: Emergency management, community risk assessment & reduction, model rockets, etc.
- Final Actions on American National Standards: oodles of ASHRAE, LED safety, hoists, telecom cabling, etc.
- Draft IEC & ISO Standards: space and time, project management, lamp controlgear, safety system security, etc.
- New IEC & ISO Documents: Digital Living Network Alliance, building accoustics, cloud computing, etc.
- TSP Meeting Schedule for November and at NAMM in January
- TSP Donors Who Have Made Long-Term, Multi-Year Pledges: Thank you!
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program: Thank you!
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available at http://estalink.us/nn7a1.