What's New > ESTA Standards Watch - August 23, 2021
August 24, 2021
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- Four ESTA standards in public review.
- Autumn Schedule for Mental Health First Aid Training posted.
- COVID Compliance Officer training for late August & September.
- The Purple Guide now has a chapter on pandemics.
- 2021 Behind the Scenes Holiday Cards are on sale.
- WTO Technical Barrier to Trade notifications: greenhouse gas emissions standards in the USA; Chinese electric bike battery chargers; restrictions on hazardous substances in musical instruments in China; and the Chinese Coded Character Set in hexadecimal.
- ANSI public reviews: unit ventilators; heat and human occupancy; elevator/escalator safety code; entering confined spaces; software development and cybersecurity; prefabricated electrical installations; low-voltage switchgear safety; and passport durability.
- DIN public review of a portable platform standard.
- New ANS projects: sexual assault investigation; facial recognition; human systems integration on ships; clandestine drug labs; crime scene photography; private security management; computational weld mechanics; and RV generator safety.
- Final actions on ANSs: three ASHRAE 90.1 addenda; designing away occupational hazards; managing psychosocial risks; image contrast ratios; seats for big people; two IES LED standards; mobile elevating work platforms; building material fire tests; power cord safety; and UL standard for professional AV equipment.
- Draft IEC & ISO docs: IoT; intelligence management; electric vehicles; civil engineering sustainability vocabulary; data quality; cloud data management; recommendations for visits to natural, cultural, and historical sites; more IoT; walk-through pandemic screening, engine ignition system vocabulary; data quality; and engine exhaust system vocabulary.
- Recently published IEC & ISO docs: linear tape file system formats and service robots.
- TSP meeting schedule for next month.
- TSP donors who have made long-term, multi-year pledges.
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program.
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.
GO TO ALL NEWS →
GO TO RECENT FORUM POSTINGS →
GO TO RESOURCE HUB →