posted on 11:11 AM, April 20, 2018
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available at http://estalink.us/surwg.
News items in this issue include:
- Save Stage Lighting, comment by May 7 on a EU proposal banning current technologies.
- ESTA Documents Open for Comment: speaker enclosures and wire rope ladders
- ESTA Plugfest 20-23 July 2018
- WTO TBTs: radio SAR in France, short-range devices in the EU, almost everything in Uganda
- ANSI Public Review Announcements: industrial automation security, ropes
- CSA Public Review Announcements: white is right; no more gray
- New ANS Projects: aluminum product specs, hazmat & weapons of mass destruction; fireworks, wildfires
- Final Actions on American National Standards: lots of welding and ESTA's E1.6-2 for chain hoists
- Draft IEC & ISO Docs: graphic symbols, KNXnet, sustainable cities, conformity assessment, EMC, software product management, safety signs, eddy current testing, wire rope, lightning strikes on people and livestock, carpet on stairs
- Recently Published IEC & ISO Docs: safety of machinery, product documentation, smart infrastructure, Office Open XML, language registers, info for consumers, The Big Picture of Standards
- TSP Meeting Schedule with more meetings
- TSP Donors Who Have Made Long-Term, Multi-Year Pledges
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program. Thank you!
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available at http://estalink.us/nn7a1.