What's New > ESTA Standards Watch - April 16, 2020
April 16, 2020
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- Four ESTA standards approved and published.
- Free mental health advice to employers.
- Behind the Scenes needs holiday card designers.
- Free standards to help fight the pandemic.
- Scam warning: Consider yourself buzzed.
- ESTA becomes a NOAA Weather-Ready Nation Ambassador.
- MAY DAY MAYDAY: A virtual variety show for COVID-19 relief.
- WTO Technical Barrier to Trade notifications: disinfectants in Switzerland; chemical data reporting in the USA; telecoms in Brazil; and tattoo ink in the EU.
- ANSI public reviews: lithium batteries; IES standards for color vision, illumination levels for demanding tasks, lighting libraries; indoor air quality; BACnet; lawfully authorized VOIP surveillance; security awareness; fixing rotating machinery; industrial control security; computer workstations human factors engineering; IP protection; UL standard for plugs and receptacles; and JPEG 2000.
- New ANS projects: cloud management & security; virtual reality to reduce anxiety; IoT maturity indices; protecting conductors in industrial environments; pyro before a proximate audience; fire brigades; electrical inspections in dwellings; premises security; and fire protection of IT equipment.
- Final actions on American National Standards: measuring LED drivers; four ESTA standards; air chain hoists; solar power plants; welding; six IES standards; service entrance grounding; motor control centers; and three telecoms cabling standards.
- Draft IEC & ISO documents: industrial automation security; RCM devices; wireless coexistence management; RFID; risk management for space craft and launch vehicles; and non-linear PCM bitstreams.
- Recently published IEC & ISO docs: digital cable; lighting EMC; hearing-loop systems; DALI; more industrial automation; mobile elevating work platforms controls; describing amputation stumps; home electronic systems architecture; more RFID; JPEG; and avoiding vulnerabilities in ADA.
- TSP meeting schedule.
- TSP donors who have made long-term, multi-year pledges.
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program, with some new supporters from Canada, Finland, Korea, and Poland.
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.
GO TO ALL NEWS →
GO TO RECENT FORUM POSTINGS →
GO TO RESOURCE HUB →