What's New > ESTA Standards Watch - April 9, 2021
April 12, 2021
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- Five ESTA standards in public review.
- New events guidance for England.
- FCC extends comment time on 12.2-12.7 GHz “flexible use.”
- FCC changes access to suicide prevention counseling and dialing.
- WTO Technical Barrier to Trade notifications: electric motors in Turkey; portable laser devices in the Republic of Korea; and general-purpose microcomputers in China.
- ANSI public reviews: AC & DC power systems on boats; evaluating zero net energy and zero net carbon; BIM for ICT; NEMA standard for motors and generators; and lighting equipment harmonic emissions.
- BSI public review: LED light source characteristics.
- CSA public reviews: changing volts-to-ground to volts; and filer respirator performance.
- New ANS projects: two A14 ladder standards; and the ICC standard for bleachers, grandstands, and telescopic seating.
- Final approvals on American National Standards: AV system energy management; industrial facility lighting; crash testing guardrails and posts; and UL standards for speaker safety and luminaire safety.
- Draft IEC & ISO docs: Smart Cities; cloud computing data flow; a couple on LED light source characteristics; luminaire performance; and electric toothbrush performance evaluation.
- Recently published IEC & ISO docs: five standards for human resource management; and part 3 of IEC 61000 for a mere $2,385.00.
- TSP meeting schedules for April and July.
- TSP donors who have made long-term, multi-year pledges.
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program.
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.
GO TO ALL NEWS →
GO TO RECENT FORUM POSTINGS →
GO TO RESOURCE HUB →