What's New > ESTA Standard Watch August 28, 2019
August 29, 2019
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- Two ESTA standards in review and a new project
- ETCP Handbook cover contest
- Behind the Scenes holiday cards on sale
- One sponsorship left for 2020 New World Rigging Symposium
- Seven TIAs issued for 2020 NEC
- WTO Technical Barrier to Trade notifications: noisy equipment, including generators, in Korea; ICT products and services in Italy.
- ANSI public reviews: NFPA docs due 29 August; robot safety; welding symbols; eye and face protection; shipping pallets; cross-laminated timber; ESD protection; manually operated hoists.
- CSA public reviews: three-phase motors; dealing with wind, snow, & drifting snow and climate change.
- New ANS projects: risk assessment, PFA and rescue systems, including for ladders; cannabis and hemp certification.
- Final actions on American National Standards: nine ANSI/ASHRAE/IES 90.1-2019 addenda; glow-in-the-dark markings; UL plugs and receptacles.
- Draft IEC & ISO documents: adjustable speed drives; plugs & sockets: immersive media; personal e-transporters.
- Recently published IEC & ISO documents: lots of SQL; RFID data constructs; MPEG-21; cyber-insurance; generic cabling and MICE.
- TSP meeting schedule for October 2019 and January 2020.
- TSP donors who have made long-term, multi-year pledges.
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program.
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.
GO TO ALL NEWS →
GO TO RECENT FORUM POSTINGS →
GO TO RESOURCE HUB →