posted on 7:39 AM, August 29, 2019
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- Two ESTA standards in review and a new project
- ETCP Handbook cover contest
- Behind the Scenes holiday cards on sale
- One sponsorship left for 2020 New World Rigging Symposium
- Seven TIAs issued for 2020 NEC
- WTO Technical Barrier to Trade notifications: noisy equipment, including generators, in Korea; ICT products and services in Italy.
- ANSI public reviews: NFPA docs due 29 August; robot safety; welding symbols; eye and face protection; shipping pallets; cross-laminated timber; ESD protection; manually operated hoists.
- CSA public reviews: three-phase motors; dealing with wind, snow, & drifting snow and climate change.
- New ANS projects: risk assessment, PFA and rescue systems, including for ladders; cannabis and hemp certification.
- Final actions on American National Standards: nine ANSI/ASHRAE/IES 90.1-2019 addenda; glow-in-the-dark markings; UL plugs and receptacles.
- Draft IEC & ISO documents: adjustable speed drives; plugs & sockets: immersive media; personal e-transporters.
- Recently published IEC & ISO documents: lots of SQL; RFID data constructs; MPEG-21; cyber-insurance; generic cabling and MICE.
- TSP meeting schedule for October 2019 and January 2020.
- TSP donors who have made long-term, multi-year pledges.
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program.
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.