What's New > ESTA Standard Watch August 13, 2019
August 26, 2019
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- Two ESTA standards in review and a new project
- Behind the Scenes holiday cards on sale
- One sponsorship left for 2020 New World Rigging Symposium
- WTO Technical Barrier to Trade notifications: canceling low impact regulations in Brazil, the Ministry of Steel in India seeks to ensure conformity.
- ANSI public reviews: inspection guidelines from ASQ; terms for adhesive bonding, brazing, soldering, usw.; pulse-echo examination of brazed joints; maintaining motor control centers; golf cars and personal transport vehicles; electromagnetic radiation systems for plants; office machine vocabulary withdrawals; generic coding of moving pictures and audio; classic VRML encoding; and the abandonment of UL project for professional video and audio equipment.
- CSA public reviews: revisions to rules for solidly grounded systems; and testing three-phase motors.
- New ANS projects: standard for heat stress management in construction and demolition; design, execution, and maintenance of atmospheric effects; and installing and maintaining indoor commercial lighting systems.
- New American National Standards: acoustic standards for school gymnasia; welding procedures and performance qualifications; IES definitions and nomenclature; AC inverters for cranes; UL standard for current taps and adapters; UL standards for LED equipment used in luminaires; plus 17 addenda for various ASHRAE standards.
- Draft IEC & ISO docs: OLED displays; electronic display colour capabilities; electric toothbrushes; semiconductor controllers and contactors for nonmotor loads; laser projection display image quality; lifting, lowering, and carrying; and guidelines for addressing climate change in standards.
- Recently published IEC & ISO docs: wireless industrial networks; words for wood floors and leather; safety signs; indoor air quality management; emergency preparedness and response; battery-powered buses; JPEG & MPEG media orchestration; metadata concepts; systems and software engineering life-cycle consideration and documentation; taxonomy of systems of systems; and systems and enterprise architecture processes and evaluation.
- TSP meeting schedule for October in Texas and January in California at NAMM 2020.
- TSP donors who have made long-term, multi-year pledges.
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program. Thank you!
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.
GO TO ALL NEWS →
GO TO RECENT FORUM POSTINGS →
GO TO RESOURCE HUB →