posted on 1:17 PM, September 10, 2020
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- Five draft TSP standards in public review.
- NIST requests feedback on four principles of explainable artificial intelligence.
- The Events Industry Forum offers updated COVID-19 guidance for England.
- WTO Technical Barriers to Trade: showerheads in the USA; releasing Inmetro responsibility in Brazil; and a Brazilian resolution labeled as being about record-players and cassette-players but really about allocating RF spectrum.
- ANSI and NFPA public review announcements: a National Electrical Code TIA; UL standard for bullet-resistant equipment.
- CSA public review announcements: energy management; and a guide for using for Z1008 for managing impairment in the workplace.
- New ANS projects: trash compactors and balers; and residential back-up generators.
- Approvals on American National Standards: handling firearms and ammunition; seven addenda to ANSI/ASHRAE/ICC/USGBC/IES Standard 189.1-2017 (start your collection now!); the NFPA building construction and safety code; and UL adoption of IEC standard for adjustable speed drives.
- Draft IEC & ISO documents: digital factory framework; robotics; ecodesign of adjustable speed drives; smart manufacturing; DALI part 305; PCM audio bitstream encoding; IoT underwater acoustic sensor networks; and certifying software engineering professionals.
- Recently published IEC & ISO documents: three amendments to IEEE 8802-11.
- TSP meeting schedule.
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program.
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.