What's New > ESTA Standard Watch - July 27, 2020
July 27, 2020
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- ESTA's new address.
- Two draft TSP standards in public review.
- Performer flying systems standard being revised.
- Call for candidates for the ESTA Board of Directors.
- Free software for ESTA control protocols.
- Behind the Scenes Holiday Cards now on sale.
- Behind the Scenes launches suicide prevention campaign.
- More translations of The Event Safety Alliance Reopening Guide available.
- ANSI seeks comments on proposed ISO laboratory design project.
- WTO Technical Barrier to Trade notifications: “Made in USA” in the USA; radar, WiFi and more in Brazil; products containing mercury in New Zealand; and oodles of chemicals in the EU.
- ANSI public reviews: door power supplies; ground-fault protection; industrial control panels; wormgear speed reducers; switchboards and switchboard wires; industrial control equipment; air wire rope hoists; and cyber-insurance.
- CSA public reviews: aligning the CEC with the NEC; lifts for people and things.
- New ANS projects: NFPA pre-incident planning and qualifications for incident management personnel.
- Final actions on American National Standards: UV-C and air conditioning; 14 addenda to ASHRAE/ICC/USGBC/IES Standard 189.1-2017; 4 addenda to ASHRAE/IESNA Standard 90.1-2016; commissioning building systems; rigging hardware; event safety crowd management; daylighting buildings; industrial control panels; and holiday decorations.
- Draft IEC & ISO docs: IoT trustworthiness; conformity assessment; hotel teminology; restaurant decorations; and EMC limits on low-voltage public power supplies.
- Recently published IEC & ISO docs: industrial automation security; city service continuity; addressing climate change; lines on technical docs; building information modeling; and gold bars.
- TSP meeting schedule for October.
- TSP donors who have made long-term, multi-year pledges.
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program.
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.
GO TO ALL NEWS →
GO TO RECENT FORUM POSTINGS →
GO TO RESOURCE HUB →